Anyone had success with speed ticket | FerrariChat

Anyone had success with speed ticket

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by msdesignltd, Sep 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #1 msdesignltd, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  2. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Search is your friend.

Frank DeSousa

and this

3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Yep, call Frank. Cop gave me a tix last year in South Hampton on Sunrise - had brother-in-laws card, did not matter, the guy was a prick and wrote an
    8 point tix. He got it down to zero points and a 400.00 parking tix. Costly, but washed away. It was my first speeding tix in 35 years. 516 505-7715

4. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Were you guilty? If so why was he a prick?

5. YELO T

YELO T Formula 3

Jul 2, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Interesting how your ticket was written just 1 mile over 20 to slap you with 2 extra points. It happened exactly that way with me too.

If you have other speeding violations and can't afford any more points on your license, then hire a pro as others suggested.

If your license is clean, and you want the violation knocked down from speeding to a lesser infraction, and your willing to kill a night in traffic court, then you can do it yourself. In court, before you see a judge, the clerk will call you up to discuss your case. NEVER admit to speeding. Say the officer must have confused you with another motorist or something else creative. The clerk will likely reduce the violation to changing lanes without signaling and thus less points. Don't expect the ticket to be thrown out completely; accept some points and they will disappear in 3 years.

BTW, it all depends on how generous the clerk is on that day, but usually you can reduce the violation yourself.

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Everyone on the road is guilty of speeding, with 55mph speed limits. If you don't understand what a prick is, to me, it is somone who is biligerent, condescending, arrogant without reason. Hope this is helpful. Not because he gave me a ticket.

7. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    Postponements are your friend. About 6 years ago I got a speeding ticket south of the Brooklyn Bridge on the FDR Drive. When the hearing finally occurred after two postponements (one requested by me and one requested by the DMV), the cop had left the force.

8. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I guess NY is different from NJ - in NJ, you go to court, and most of the time, you'll pay a fine for a non-moving violation (if not thrown out completely).

I'd say 99% of the tickets I've gone to court over, I've won. I know of only 1 time it didn't work, and the aforementioned prick comment is an apt description.

9. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thank You all..

I have a call into Franks office...

Contact Us

10. Eforg23

Eforg23 Karting

Oct 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eric Forgione
    Frank Desousa is a long time friend. Great traffic attorney and great friend. He has taken care of me, friends and clients for years. Always the best results. 516-505-7715. Tell him Eric AKA Furio sent you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    OMG...That was quick...Thank You Frank Desousa
    Done , Off the hook for any points...Jay walking Ticket issued...

Expensive Jay walking for sure..

I endorse Frank for Senator of NY...

This calls for a drink...Red Bull anyone?

12. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Some of you got lucky. It's amazing how municipalities vary - I couldn't get the judge to budge at all in AC last fall, even after postponements and a lawyer.

13. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    New Jersey is very different. Most prosecutors salivate over "Unsafe Driving" statute, 39: 97.2. and wont bargain because of it.