Capitol Theater Portchester | FerrariChat

Capitol Theater Portchester

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Napolis, Sep 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Never go to see Robert Plant at the Capitol Theater in Portchester. They sell you reserved seats. When you get there they tell you they removed all seats and it's standing room only. They tell you there are 6 bars open and roving beer sales. They cram you in. The opening acts is interminable. The doors open at 7 and Plant has not showed up by 9:15 when we left. Never Again.

2. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Was there a promoter or does the Capitol Theater do it?

I've seen a few acts there over the years, never an issue - wonder if there was a promoter that over sold it and decided last minute to make it SRO?

3. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    You sound dazed and confused, but hey hey what can you do? You have to deal with good times, bad times, but you must ask for no quarter. This story is anything but rock and roll, more like a lemon song. Now, there's just ten years gone b/c of your communication breakdown. Bands come on late, it is what is and should never be, but at least you weren't tramped underfoot. Leaving at 9:15 was a mistake. The levee probably broke within minutes of you rambling on.

4. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Saw Zeppelin back in "75. Don't think I would bother to see Plant solo.

Saw U2 at MSG in July. They were late, but did not suffer from a bad opening act - there was none. They were great.

5. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    Thank You. I think I'm gonna be Sick Again.