What was #IAE Rideout ? | FerrariChat

What was #IAE Rideout ?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by TooTimidAndCheap, Sep 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    #1 TooTimidAndCheap, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    What was the story behind this car rally?

July 12th, I am driving in the NYC area.
    Suddenly, I see like 4 Lambos.
    Turns into a whole procession of them!
    Mostly Lambos & Ferrari. Like 20 of them.
    I figure it’s some Ferrari club doing a drive. Cool.
    These are the real deal, not ricer cars.
    But, they are all plastered with stickers, so it doesn't seem like a middle aged car rally.
    I notice they are all young urban 20s guys.

At a red light, I am right in between all them, so I decide to turn off with them, into a side road. I'll drive a few miles in good company! But, after the turn, they’re going to someone’s house, so I keep driving.

I wanted to Google this car rally, this hashtag on most of the cars: #IAERideOut
    It's great to see car culture in the younger ages. What was the story behind this car rally? And I have to be rude and ask, how are such young guys driving such high end cars?

Iaerideout on Instagram | Instagram photos and videos | OnInStagram
    https://www.igspin.com/tag/iaerideoutnyc
    https://twitter.com/search?q=iaerideout&src=typd&vertical=default&f=tweets
    IAErideout15 | Search Instagram | instidy.com - Instagram Online Viewer
    https://vimeo.com/119518352

2. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    In this area , there are plenty of young professional . Most exotic gatherings the owners are under 40. Which is a great thing because these are usually car guys not stuffy old heads

It's NyC !

3. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    I have never heard of this event. I vehemently disagree that "most" exotic gatherings the owners are under 40. There are certainly some owners under 40. In my experience, most exotic owners are 45-75 years old. Someone's age alone does not make them a stuffy old head. I know many exotic owners that are over 55 that are very young at heart, vibrant and passionate about exotic cars. By the way I'm under 40.

Didn't Enzo say something like he made cars for young men that only old men could afford?

4. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    #4 DonJuan348, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    I'm in old head age range. Yes there are many older owner but not as many attend event. And in the area there's a very high number of under 40 . I'm stating what I observe at events.

5. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Where are you from tootimidandcheap. If you say NYC area, I will be astounded as we are in one of the wealthiest areas of the world and many younger people have made millions by age 30.

The only reason you see more young guys at these rallies is the older guys are smarter than to drive like idiots on public roads in large crowds ;-)

6. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    Whats up dwhite. actually you're half right. You should have been at the rally from Park ave Ferrari store last weekend. 30 Ferrari's, 90% guys over 40 thru 65, and we drove like Ferrari's should be driven. It was a blast. Plan to make it next year if you can!