Assistance | FerrariChat

Assistance

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ZachG, Oct 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZachG

ZachG Rookie

Oct 29, 2015
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Zachary Gilbert
    Hello,

To start, this is a huge ask and I understand what I am asking. Second I am offering to pay.

This girl I am currently dating is a huge exotic car enthusiast. I have been trying to find a way to have her drive a Ferrari, even if it is a little while. I have looked into all the online options and experiences and unfortunately they are not in the area until spring 2016. She is an Engineer and got into the field because of her interest in cars and engines. I have tried looking into test driving a Ferrari from a dealership, however, being in sales myself, I would hate to lie and mislead a sales rep for my own personal gain. I just don't think that would be good karma.

I am willing to pay anyone and provide any personal information. I truly do understand what your vehicle means to you and how crazy you must think I am. If anyone is willing to accommodate please reach out. [email protected]

If it helps, I work for one of the major professional sports teams in the NYC city and can provide traditional experiences as well as paying for letting her drive the car.

Please don't flag my account. I am just a guy trying to impress a girl.

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Just curious - no Ferrari owners on the team?

3. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey

+1

I don't see how that would Impress her when she wont be driving yours .

4. YELO T

YELO T Formula 3

Jul 2, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
  5. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    I'd figure a pro team has a few Ferrari owners, and even if you took a dealer test drive, it would be over pretty quickly

Why not rent from Gotham Dream Cars? If you have the budget, do the Ferrari Corso Pilota in Austin, make it a trip together (if that doesn't impress her, I'd move along)

Probably going to be a reach to "find someone to let your girlfriend drive their Ferrari"....plus if you "pay" them, it's legally a "rental" and insurance doesn't cover....etc etc.

Alternative idea, hop a cheap flight to Fort Lauderdale or Miami for a weekend, plenty of Ferrari rental options down there (including Hertz...)

Good luck.

6. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Entropy is right. Fly to Ft Lauderdale Hertz rents 430 spider and California at the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Badabing!

Badabing! Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2014
    NYC
    i always rent corvettes from there. last time i rented a porsche cayman. was literally brand new. only 14 miles on the ODO