Wheel repair | FerrariChat

Wheel repair

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by cmlf1, Nov 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cmlf1

cmlf1 Karting

Jun 22, 2005
    Yes, the winter is not even here yet and I have damaged 2 wheels already! Can anyone recommend a quality wheel repair facility on Long Island or close by?

Thanks!
    Carl

2. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    I had a very slightly bent wheel repaired when my car was in for an annual service at FoLI. The dealer sent it to their regular place for wheel repairs, and the repair was done extremely well. Unfortunately, I don't know who they used.

3. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    You can bring the wheels to Detail Dynamics in Mineola, in turn they will send out for repairs. Usually done within a couple of days. Very high end shops.

4. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    The best place in the tri-state area is Proformance in New Rochelle NY

5. vp277

vp277 Karting

Mar 1, 2010
    LI, NY
    I used Elite Rim Repair in Plainview (very close to FoLI) twice with good results.

6. Toddston

Toddston Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    New York, NY
    I would use Universal in Glen Cove. They are reasonable and a terrific crew.

7. cmlf1

cmlf1 Karting

Jun 22, 2005
    Thank for the suggestion everyone.

8. Jsf721

Jsf721 Karting

May 15, 2015
    If your local. This is the place.

9. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    I used Elite before. Not too happy with the results. That place is crazy busy and they don't pay too much attention to details.

10. RPM217

RPM217 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2007
    Rye Brook, NY
    Full Name:
    Roger
    I dropped off my M-style OEM BMW wheels (3 of them) on Friday. One had hit a deep pothole, and had to get a new runflat, and significant repair to the wheel, and unfortunately, I mildly "curbed" 2 wheels. Can't even blame the wife for that.
    I have no doubt that they'll be factory fresh perfect when I pick them up. About 3 years ago, I had them redo my OEM NSX wheels, they're so perfect, I won't put them back on the car, and use the Enkei's instead!!!!

11. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Elite in Plainview is who Ferrari Long Island uses, as well as most dealers and shops on the Island who advertise offering wheel repair. I have had good work, and questionable work done by them. If you tell them that you need it to be perfect, they will do a good job. If you just drop them off and don't speak with anyone in particular about them, sometimes you will find scrapes and drip marks. Most of the imperfections I've found are on the inside lip, so I wasn't too picky about it. The wheels on my GTR I had to have them redo for me because I was not happy with the work, but the second time, they were perfect. But overall, I'd say they do pretty good work. They've done wheels on my Lambo, Maser, M3, and GTR; and I am dropping them off a set of wheels from my F430 next week to have refinished in the Scuderia grey. Will report back when I pick them up.

12. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    FYI. Because of the extreme volume of rim repairs that elite does every day, they only do single stage paint on all rims.

13. Toddston

Toddston Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    New York, NY

14. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I've seen them do some pretty wild paint and powdercoat jobs, so they have the ability to do pretty much whatever you want. Of course their bread and butter are going to be the simple repair/refinish jobs, which they have next-day turnaround on, which is nice. If I drop a set of wheels off at 6pm when leaving work, I can pick them up at 9am the next morning on my way in.

You're right, and I wish they were most consistent with their work. I've brought them so many wheels by now that they know me and the quality of work I expect, so I never have to worry about it anymore. I've also used Action Powercoating in Farmingdale, and their work was top notch. Also, Charlie's Chop Shop in Astoria does great work. My office is in Plainview now, so it is very convenient for me to use Elite, which is why I use them for everything.