Arthur Avenue Restaurant Recommendation? | FerrariChat

Arthur Avenue Restaurant Recommendation?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by MVDESQ, Dec 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    We want to try an Italian place for lunch this Saturday afternoon for a birthday party and family lunch (5 of us). We've been checking Yelp but reviews are all over the place for all different reasons. Anyone here have any favorites with the reasons why.

Also, where do you park as we are not interested in street parking? Does that municipal lot actually have spots open or is it filled in perpetuity?

Thanks in advance.

2. tdelgaudio

tdelgaudio Rookie

Mar 16, 2014
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tom Del Gaudio
    Try Domenics, great place amazing food. It is on Arthur Ave. Also go into Mikes Deli across the way inside the mini mall, and get some great cheeses and treats to take home. It is safe to park on the street , especially during the day. I get in early and park near the school across from Arthur Ave Bread bakery. Have fun !! Tom

3. gmoney56

gmoney56 Karting

Dec 14, 2009
    Roberto's is highly rated and food is excellent.Enzo's is also
    A good choice.

4. boxndoc1

boxndoc1 Karting

Jan 25, 2007
    North America/Italy
    It depends ,, if you know italian food than there is only Zero OTTo
    if you like typical italian /american food Domenics..
    Being from Italy arthur ave is like Mars mostly bad food
    honestly zero otto is the only passable place
    as mentioned above visit the market to get a laugh the last of
    the Italian/American culture (hey Joeys and uncle Vinnys)

5. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    +1 Otto ...authur isn't what it use to be .

6. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Dominick's is hands down my favorite Arthur Ave restaurant, although there are several good ones. The owner also owns Enzo's, if I recall. Emilia's next door is another great spot.

If you end up at Dominick's, go early - the wait can be extensive in the later afternoon hours.

7. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Thanks for the suggestions. We are going to try one on Saturday. We'll figure it out when we arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    #8 MVDESQ, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    Thanks for all the tips. So my wife chose Zero Otto Nove. We showed up at 1:30ish and parking on the street was a pain. That municipal lot was full and had 10 cars on deck waiting for nonexistent spots. The wait was about 35 minutes for a small 4 place table. Food was very very good. We will be back. However, we will now try a few of the others. FYI they only take Visa and MasterCard no Amex.

9. smooth

smooth Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2005
    The entire area is now run down and full of bums defecating in the streets.
    It's a crime ridden disgrace.
    Thank DeBlasio.

10. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.

I hate DeBlasio just as much as you probably but I did not see any bums or people defecting in the streets. Maybe I got lucky. There was a crime when I was there the police came into a bakery and asked if they saw a woman who stole a cash register drawer from another bakery. The area is very run down and typical of most parts of New York City. I can't see why anyone would live there. Seems like no Subway nearby either. We'll go back as it was fun for a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015

In general, NYC is cleaner and has less crime than in the last 100 years.

12. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Glad you had a good time...Roberto opened a restaurant in Westchester in Armonk as well.
    You mention the C/C he accepts, good thing you did not go to Domenick's as that is Cash only.
    @tboniello the owner of Domenick's does not own Enzo's, Charlie only owns Domenick's which has been in his wife's family for decades...

13. smooth

smooth Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2005
    Do tell??
    Welcome to the progressive fool, Mayor de Blasio’s New York City with a rising crime rate, increasing welfare roles, and a steadily decreasing quality of life.

14. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015