Car Shipping | FerrariChat

Car Shipping

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by PenP, Dec 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PenP

PenP Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 20, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Pen Pendleton
    Hey guys, I need to get a car (non-F) shipped from Long Island to Upstate NY (southwest of Albany). About a 3 hour drive.

Ideally enclosed trailer, but I don't know what the weather is like because I'm not in town.

Any ideas? I don't like just putting it on UShip, and it seems like overkill to use Reliable or Intercity, who I've used for long hauls, but this is so short. (BTW, the last time I tried to ship a car with Reliable and Interstate, it took forever!) But maybe Reliable is the way to go even for a small journey.

Any advice would be appreciated. Ready to go immediately.

2. ChuckStyl5

ChuckStyl5 Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    The Armpit
    64 Motorcars located in NJ .. Shawn 908-229-7074

3. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have connections with many individuals that I use to ship my personal cars via enclosed trailer. They are NOT shipping companies, but rather individuals with large enclosed car carriers that I trust with my Ferraris and Lamborghinis. If this is something of interest to you, feel free to send me a PM with your contact information and I will have one of them contact you. They are located in Long Island, and usually available any day if I need something transported. I have had them go as far as Florida for me. Prices are much better than an auto transport service, but they are not insured/licensed to transport cars commercially. I can tell you that I have used them dozens of times over the years and never had an issue. So using them is a personal decision.

4. Depstein15

Depstein15 Karting

Dec 8, 2013
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Donald
    Hi Chris, please let me know your transport guys. I have a 308GT4 and a Porsche that I move between Harrisburg PA and Manhattan (where I live). Thanks, Don. 917 855 5400

5. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Chris, likewise. Shooting you a private note now. I need a car (3-series BMW) transported from Buffalo to Westchester in a few weeks. Thank you!

6. Lonnie

Lonnie Formula Junior

May 22, 2013
    NY/Delray Beach FL
    Full Name:
    Lonnie Mandel
    I use Shawn - 64 Motors

7. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name: