Vector W8 in New Jersey? | FerrariChat

Vector W8 in New Jersey?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Jamie_1371, Feb 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jamie_1371

Jamie_1371 Rookie

Feb 7, 2016
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie Baldacchin
    Hello to All, I'm currently searching for a Vector W8 last seen in New Jersey and was wondering if anybody has a contact name to the owner that has it. Originally my search led me to 2 Vector W8's in New Jersey but so far I am only been able to find out that there is one somewhere in New Jersey.

If anybody can assist me please in my search I would be extremely thankful for I've been searching for this car for over 20 yrs.

Thank you to all those who help.

2. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I don't know the owner's name but he has attended a handful of Cars and Croissants events in Morris County.

3. pjasink

pjasink Rookie

Mar 9, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I own a Vector W8. Which one are you looking for?

4. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    #4 jmbarba76, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think it's been to the Chatham high school cars and croissants.

Attached is an old picture of one I saw at the old moroso in Florida.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. SM Photography

SM Photography Karting

Oct 20, 2014
    Full Name:
    Spencer M.
    #5 SM Photography, Feb 9, 2016
    Believe this is the one in question? Saw it at my first Cars and Croissants way back in the fall of 2014. Safe to say it absolutely made my week.
    (my photo)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I see you are in PA- was that at a C&C out by you? I don't remember seeing a Vector at our local C&C in NJ, at which nearly everything has shown up over the years (examples include: 959, BMW M1, Messerschmitt, Stanley Steam Car, 250 SWB, Enzo, F40, early narrow body 289 cobra, blower Bentley, Miura, etc). I'm still waiting for a Bugatti and F50 to show up, but now I'll have to add a Vector to the list of cars I'm waiting to see in the flesh/in the real world vs a museum :)

7. izaacbrook

izaacbrook Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    That Vector was at Cars and Croissants in Chatham in October of 2014, where the picture was taken.

8. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Ugh- I must have missed that one (either the meet itself or the car)

9. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    #9 jmbarba76, Feb 16, 2016
  10. Jamie_1371

Jamie_1371 Rookie

Feb 7, 2016
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie Baldacchin
    Hello, Well it's an absolute honor to meet a Vector Owner. Apparently out of the cars that sold tracking down 015 is proving to be a very hard find. It was bought by the Emir of Qatar and gifted to I believe Prince Mohammed Bin Fahd, but can't seem to find a reference to it's shipping to Saudi Arabia. Would it be possible to obtain your Vin # please and if I may stay in touch with you? Please and thank you.

[email protected]

11. Jamie_1371

Jamie_1371 Rookie

Feb 7, 2016
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie Baldacchin

Hello, About every 10 years or so they try to rally all the owners of the Vector W8 so that everybody who's heard of it can see one up close and personal. Gerald Wiegert is trying to revive the company by producing a newer version and body style is very different. He is seeking investors to assist with his companies re-emergence into the super car world. google vector.com to locate his website which he monitors but seldom responds.

12. Jamie_1371

Jamie_1371 Rookie

Feb 7, 2016
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie Baldacchin

Thank you Sir for your added information, I'm currently seeking all of the Vector W8's Globally. I have found 5 Vin#'s with Pictures to the Cars but still need to find the rest. Any additional information or contacts could help in my search and thank you kindly for your assistance.

13. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Did those cars have a Chevy engine and an Oldsmobile drivetrain? Decent looking cars but should a true exotic have its own in-house designed and made engine and drivetrain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Mclaren doesn't. They bought an engine design from someone in Detroit. The design and then and pick componentry for the drivetrain though.

15. vectorfiles

vectorfiles Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    #15 vectorfiles, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    Jamie,
    You are confusing a lot of info. Please do your homework before posting here and confusing people.
    Chassis 015 is white, red 011 is in the Middle East and the red New Jersey car was auctioned off at the 2014 RM Monterey auction and is chassis 003, former movie car of Rising Sun with Wesley Snipes and Sean Connery.

I know where all W8´s are located. No need to track them all down any more. I have done that for the past 20 years and they are all accounted for, Jamie.

16. vectorfiles

vectorfiles Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    The engine is a Rodeck resleevable aluminum Y-block used in dragsters tuned up to 4500hp.
    Transmission also has a alot of inhouse VECTOR made parts.

17. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Then its a Chevy.

18. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Lots of F1 teams buy engines. But I know what you are saying.

19. Vector W8

Vector W8 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Vector W8 015
    #19 Vector W8, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    I think you are looking for the wrong number car. 015 resides in my garage. Not sure why you would be looking for it in Saudi Arabia.

[​IMG]

20. Vector W8

Vector W8 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Vector W8 015
  21. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I finally saw the red vector at the local C&C meet (morris plains) a couple of weeks ago- took some pictures and talked to the owner. Interesting to see one in the flesh- a unique car.