16 Feb Thaw | FerrariChat

16 Feb Thaw

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Doug_S, Feb 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doug_S

Doug_S Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Its rained all day, salt is washed from the roads and most of the snow is gone. Temperatures went from 12 F to something like 42 in 48 hours.

It looks like this Saturday will be cloudy and in the fifties. Haven't driven the 458 since November. The roads are going to be full of potholes but it looks like I can take her out for a drive. Yipee. (afraid to drive in colder weather because of the tires)

2. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I plan on dong the same thing. Fcar driving withdrawals!
    Seems to me the potholes aren't as bad as they were last year. At least on LI. Still a lot of sand on the road so be careful of the guy in front of you kicking it all up.

3. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    am i reading a call to drive? Boy do I have cabin fever

4. Doug_S

Doug_S Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Wayne, NJ, thats like where my Costco is. The NJ Cars and Caffee group is planning a meet on Sunday at Fireplace Restaurant 718 Rt 17 N. from 9:30 to Noon.

5. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Took both horses out for a ride today. So nice to be back in the saddle. Let's hope that's it for the snow in the northeast

6. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    I blew a tire today on a pothole. :(

7. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Yep, Next to Willowbrook mall. Cheap gas for members.

And you need another reason to put a fresh set of rubber on your car for Spring? :)

8. 550v12SABI

550v12SABI Karting

Mar 29, 2012
    Long Island, N.Y US
    Full Name:
    Steve in NY
    There it goes. I was thinking about joining you guys this weekend, but given my luck with potholes and tires blowing up (as some of you guys may know what happened when I tried going to bear mountain with you all) I'm not taking that chance. Have to wait until at least May.

9. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Hi Steve! Drove my 430 to FoLI last night for an event and all good on LIE. Queens might be the biggest trouble spot right now but LI highways seem to be ok. Side streets are a different story. You have to be careful.

10. 550v12SABI

550v12SABI Karting

Mar 29, 2012
    Long Island, N.Y US
    Full Name:
    Steve in NY
    Hi Stevie hope all is well. I would love for us all to take a ride out east to get some lobster rolls and enjoy. Let me know if you are up for it one weekend if you are free.

11. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Got the wife in the car, headed up to Rhinebeck for NY for lunch at Calico Restaurant & Patisserie. Very few police. Very little traffic.
    Lunch was great. I thought the town would be empty for winter, but it was very busy.
    Then headed down the street for some of Uncle Neilie's Maple syrup. Made on Premise. I got to meet Uncle Neilie when he came out to check out the car. He tells me this was the worst year in 20 years for making syrup. Very low sugar content. What a pleasant, down-to-earth fellow.

Anyway, 200 miles. Great weather! Almost...almost put the top down. What a great way to shake cabin fever

12. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Sounds like a plan Steve. I'm up for that anytime.
    Don't forgot the Montauk rally is on May 15. I already secured the front lawn and the restaurant for us.

13. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I got there about 9:45am with the 308 and the lot was packed with indiscriminate cars and a motor cycle club. A gorgeous yellow 330, 430 scud, a Panoz, 69 Charger R/T, a Noble, a dealer's Ford GT40, McLaren Spyder, a Tiger, and a few 50's cars were notable.. Lots of Vettes, esp. buzzing by & a slew of P-Cars. I felt sorry for the Diner as they lost all their customer parking.
    A few police stationed around the place picking off departing speeders.

14. stuckinkuwait

stuckinkuwait Formula Junior

Jul 25, 2004
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Lenny S
    I got there at 10:00 and couldn't find parking so I went home. :( Tony needs to find a bigger parking lot for our meets - Fashion Center!!

15. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I almost left too. Real spots were long gone, surrounding lots were full.
    I was thinking Ikea. Even GSP (or whatever its called now). Worse case - the Sheraton at the top of 287. They use to host the occasional car show.
    Though I suspect most big lots would have to throw us out for insurance purposes alone :(