Is there a C&C (NNJ) meet this Saturday 3/11/16? | FerrariChat

Is there a C&C (NNJ) meet this Saturday 3/11/16?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by andrew911, Mar 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I haven't been to the last couple, and need my fix :)

2. allang

allang Karting

May 31, 2005
    It would be great if there was a schedule for the upcoming dates.

3. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Do people want to meet up at the Dunkin Donuts from the prior C&C this Saturday morning? Unless we hear otherwise from the C&C yahoo group mods/Kirk or Abi between now and then... I just shot Kirk an e-mail as well to see if something is set up (I'm sure Kirk/Abi are both busy thus no notice yet...everyone does have day jobs to take care of first :) ). I'd like to meet up with anyone interested Saturday to see some toys! Just got my car back from service last night...drove home with the top down of course ;)

-Andrew

Dunkin' Donuts/Atlanta Bread
    246 Littleton Rd (Corner of Rt. 10 and Rt. 202)
    Morris Plains, NJ 07950

4. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Just got the official notice the 3/11 C&C was cancelled...

5. Lorzen

Lorzen Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2011
    NYC Metro
    It was to be 3/12...the last one was a mess...you should check out the one in Red Bank on Saturday...just take it easy on the GSP! :)

6. Arnie

Arnie Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2011
    New Jersey
    I could not make it last week what was the issue that caused the problem

7. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    Everything cancelled because of bad behavior

8. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Interesting, what kind of bad behavior? I've never been to one but I noticed the event's FB settings were changed this week.

9. izaacbrook

izaacbrook Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    There was a 200+ comment thread on the Facebook page arguing about the lack of parking. There was a dealer Ford GT which decided to show off and do a burnout leaving. And I did not personally see this but apparently a car lost control and went off the road.

10. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    Emails that were sent by the promotors mentioned the bad behavior including what was mentioned above. Most of this stems from the 18 year olds driving supped up Hondas and Acura's....we that drive nice cars don't have the egos or the need to prove they are fast. Stupid.

11. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Always seems to be the case. Shame. I guess C&C events need to be more private and constantly moving to avoid supped up daily drivers. In my opinion birds of a feather should flock together so the supped up ego crowd should go and do their own private events. This is the kind of thing that caused the Town of New Canaan to give Caffeine and Carburetors (as far as I'm concerned the best C&C around) such a hard time with permits, etc. A few bad apples spoil the bunch.

12. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Absolutely, and when you tell them that, they freak out. C&C is not about one-upping the next guy. Heck, one of the attendees from the last Cars and Croissants owns a McLaren P1 among others, but he brought his Cayman GT4 that morning because he didn't care about how much attention he drew to himself, he just wanted a nice drive and to chat with enthusiasts.

It's a shame what happens when the wrong crowd ruins the fun, and I have no hesitancy to make such stereotypes.

13. stuckinkuwait

stuckinkuwait Formula Junior

Jul 25, 2004
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Lenny S
    Tony - we appreciate your efforts in putting together these events. Thanks! I know it takes a lot of your time in finding a place for us. You are a true gentleman!! Unfortunately, there are some bad apples that ruin it for us!

14. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    this is not talking any meet that is run by Tony (I'm not sure which meet he runs?)

15. Sassicaia

Sassicaia Karting

Sep 12, 2009
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Remember When.....

We met at the Chatham Mall on Shunpike and what great gatherings we had "way back then" when like-minded enthusiasts such as......

Steve with his Corvette,
    Andrew with his 360,
    Tax Doctor with his Ferraris,
    Bruce with his 190 SL,
    Me with my 575M,

and with so many other great cars, acquaintances and friends taking the time to spend the morning and share stories and common interests?

We had great times then....too bad we outgrew those great times.

Walter

16. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I hear you Walter! Hopefully some of the events will still occur that were scheduled (Chatham police department car show, Father's Day, etc) little chance of idiot behavior at events like those if they happen! Hope to see you one of these days...

By the way, I have a yellow 355 spider now (sold the 360 coupe ~1.5 years ago)
    -Andrew

17. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Cars & Caffe in Bergen County.

I'm just offering my 2 cents, since I understand Kirk and Abi's situation a bit.

18. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    What a shame this has happened. I only went to one or two times last year and now there are no more AFAIK ... :(

I'm not sure there's much you can do about this because once the a-holes find out about an event, location and time it's not possible to keep them away.

I don't like the idea of being snobbish but if newer cars were excluded perhaps that would be one way to prevent all the ricers etc. It means the loss of newer exotics as well. That wouldn't kill me. I see them on the road anyway.

But you'd still need an enforcer/bouncer and those refused would get pissed. So there's another opportunity for things to go wrong. Also, announcements would have to be more circumspect.

Back to registered car shows with entrance fees and an overnight stay somewhere more remote?

19. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I've been to several of their C&C's and have always seen nothing but model behavior. I don't know what happened in this incident, but it seems like future issues could be prevented by having a cop/cop car present at every gathering. I doubt anybody is going to do any high speed driving when a cop is right there.

I don't know what it takes to have a cop car stay at every event, but the gatherings are large enough to warrant it and, with 1700 people on the mailing list, it seems like there should be somebody who knows somebody who could make that happen.

20. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony

You would have to pay the officer OT for 3+ hours. If you guess $75 per hour and roughly 15 meets per year, you are now investing over $3000 in what was supposed to be fun and informal. I am looking into the matter though... at least for my events.

21. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Walter,

I also had a good time at the initial Chatham meets.
    The ones after - too much, too big. Would enjoy returning back to the initial stage.