The Car Makes the Man? (or something like that) | FerrariChat

The Car Makes the Man? (or something like that)

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by yale, Mar 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yale

yale Formula Junior

May 2, 2004
    New York City
    #1 yale, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You know the proud Ferrari owner who is feeling that somehow the car makes the man, the 308 guy who wants Ferrari to invite him into their viewing area at some upscale event, the 330GT owner who takes their car to the august Paul Russel shop expecting a certain measure of respect, only to have that shop show so little deference for the car that they break off the turn signal stalk and scratch the car while in their care. Or how about the 365GTC/4 owner revving his race-y looking car at a downtown NYC traffic light, making the wondrous sounds this car is known for, only to floor it at the light and be slower then a Honda Accord.

(I have a 330GT by the way so I'm not disparaging these cars, though it wasn't me who took my car to Paul Russel.)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    Yale, when i bring the (308)Gt4 to work, the attendant in the garage goes 'alright, back to the future! I love that movie!' Or 'James Bond!'. I don't mind, ofcourse, as long as he likes it!

3. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Just be happy that the guy filling up next to you at the gas station doesn't look at the Cavallino, turn to his girlfriend and "Never seen that model of Mustang before!" :D

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Best have a grey ferrari, it looks great without being overtly obvious blends into the blacktop at speed, and enjoy it on backroads as designed. After all the proof of the pudding is in the eating, not the showing. In theory we are into these machines for the drive experience/performance above all.

The world imo does not need another hey look at me red ferrari, but most ferrari owners(classic new and old) have that color, and most trundle their cars in parades up and down the road. What does that say?.

5. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    That your watching too many parades? ;)