Can someone recommend a Hamptons summer spot... | FerrariChat

Can someone recommend a Hamptons summer spot...

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by espvh, Apr 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    Hi all, can someone recommend a Hamptons summer vacation spot? Looking for about a week, right on the beach, family friendly, hotel/restaurant/pool/bar/ etc...... Thanks!

2. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Guerneys has all you request..Not 5 star but as high a star as the east end has...on the beach..book early as they are usually sold out before the summer starts..

3. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    Thanks Michael.

4. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    Yes Gurney's will be your best bet with restaurant etc unless you want to stay at Bath and Tennis in Westhampton Beach which I wouldn't recommend. if you relax the restaurant requirement some of the condo/hotels on the napeague stretch are decent. Also Solé East is decent, but is a short ride to the beach. Just some other options in case Gurney's isn't available for when you want to head out.

I say go for Gurney's though. They've been putting a good amount of money into the property and seem to have turned it around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    Thank you ETL.

6. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Try Sunset Beach Hotel on Shelter Island. It is right on the beach with great restaurant and European flair and clientele. The beach is not south shore i.e. Fine sand and rolling waves but it is more kid friendly.

7. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    +1 on Shelter Island, worth the quick ferry over to a less snooty place. I think we went to that club too, mid island area.. stayed at a basic B and B for a great price

8. GreatNeckLawyer

May 10, 2008
    Think about Bath And Tennis in Westhampton Becah. The place is beautiful and right on the beach, and about 45 minutes closer to NYC than South Hampton, and 1.5 hours closer than Mountauk.

9. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010

No problem. Just seeing this now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk