Upstate New York Track Days, all makes models. | FerrariChat

Upstate New York Track Days, all makes models.

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by 71Satisfaction, May 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    I thought I'd share this track event here for anyone in the area.

This was a blast last summer at NYST in Harpersfield NY. About an hour west of Albany on the crest of a hill with private aircraft runway access.
    The track is 2 miles, 18 turns, 450ft elevation change. Not a lot of runoff area. Probably a lot like Palmer, MA. It was an informal, fun day of track driving against the clock, with a timed session.
    Here's a link to a "teaser" video of the track: https://youtu.be/fl8kYMOhwrY

NECC Motorsports hosts two track days Saturday June 25th and August 27th, 2016.
    Link to the club and signup information for anyone wanting to attend: NECC Motorsports!

I have no affiliation to the club or track, I just attend their two NYST track days and wanted to share the fun.
    Cheers,
    - Art

2. bombardior

bombardior Rookie

Sep 4, 2014
    wow this looks super fun!!! please let me know the next time something like this happens! i'm fairly close by too i think, in ithaca NY

3. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    #3 71Satisfaction, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Glad you are interested.

Definitely fun, sorry you missed the last 2016 date in September. Ithaca is just over 2 hours away. I have a friend comes here from Syracuse, most NECC members are from downstate and MA.

Keep an eye on the NECC website in my original post for 2017 dates. There will be 2 days at NYST, and one at Pocono, then they have a couple days in NJ. There is talk of a day at the Glen too.

Here is a short clip from my first day there in 2015. Best time 2:08.76 - https://youtu.be/X-Q6PYQJMkk
    Here is a more in-depth review of the track from 2016. Best time 2:01.55 - https://youtu.be/7l21Hbab1J0

Cheers,
    - Art

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I'll second NYST as a great fun track, especialy with a small car

5. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    What a beautiful track! I didn't see any fee information on the website though. Do you know what they charge for track days?

6. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Any information on what the 2016 fees were so we can have an idea of what an event might cost?

7. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Is it um any safer than what we have seen before? Hate to hit a tree.

8. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    I will be doing both track days. Very fun local track.