FCA Concours | FerrariChat

FCA Concours

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Labman, Aug 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #1 Labman, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    September 25, 2016 9am-3pm.

The Ferrari Club of America will be joining the Great Marques Concours at Old Westbury Gardens, Long Island. We will join the Long Island Porsche, Mercedes and BMW Clubs for a great show. $50 for judged cars and $25 per car for display only cars. You don't have to be an FCA member to participate but must have a Ferrari. Judging registration and payment cutoff will be on September 18. NO EXCEPTIONS! Display Ferraris also need to register as well but we will accept payment the day of. Judged cars must be on the field no later that 10am and must stay on field until judging awards have been presented (approx 3pm). This is a rain or shine event and NO refunds will be made. Please PM me your full name, year and model of your Ferrari and if judged or display with appropriate payment via PayPal to [email protected] (in notes Mention Great Marques Concours) or send check to: Steven Morea, c/o Shiel Medical Lab, 371 Merrick Road Suite 404, Rockville Center, NY 11570.

We will follow a more relaxed judging format with trophies being awarded to first, second and third in class. Please bring a non-perishable food item with you as a donation to Long Island Cares charity

Sponsors include Ferrari of Long Island and The Yellow Compass Group. Thank you both.

Lets make this a fun event!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is our first attempt at this so please help us make it a big success. We expect a very large turnout.

3. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Definitely gonna be some heavy hitters at this show!
    Nice work Steve and company!

4. Eli355

Eli355 Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eli
    This is going to be a spectacular event. 4 fantastic brands. I was there last year and the turn out of cars was incredible. With the addition of Ferrari it will be off the chart. Thanks Steve for all the work it must have taken to make this a reality.

5. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Great job Steve!! Looking forward.

6. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks guys. Already have a few signed up. I think we will have an amazing turnout!

7. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And let's not leave out that we will need some volunteers for various things through the day.

8. makoguy

makoguy Rookie

Jun 23, 2014
    Full Name:
    Addy
    Any sponsorship opportunities available?

9. Eforg23

Eforg23 Karting

Oct 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Eric Forgione
    Looking forward to this. Finally Long Island will have an amazing event. Long overdue. Great job Steve.

Eric Forgione

10. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

I think there are Addy. I will find out for you.

Thanks Eric. Now lets get some super cars - 288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo or LaFerrari to participate and make it really amazing! 🙏🏼

11. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #11 Labman, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Bump...

This is a reminder to please register your Ferrari for the Great Marques Concours. We are just about a month away. In order to judge we must have entrants. We only have a few so far so please help us out by registering as soon as possible. This helps us assign classes, order trophies and food. Advanced registration for judged cars are so very important.

Remember weather watchers...if I don't have your judged car registered by September 18th, you will only be allowed to be a display car.

Please lets make this inaugural year a well participated one. This way it can be a yearly event on the FCA calendar.

12. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Looking forward to this exciting event. Our own judged concours on Long Island. Can't wait to see all the great cars that show up. If our weekly Bagels and Ferrari gatherings are any indication, this will be an outstanding car show with many rare and beautiful examples.

I hope everyone signs up and supports this inaugural LI Ferrari Concours and shows or has their cars judged. As long as they're not nicer than my 328. ;)

13. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    We are really picking ups steam now with some really nice Ferraris to be judged and for display. Don't wait until the last minute! Many people wanted a Ferrari concours on LI. Well here it is. Let's make it an annual event by having an exceptional turnout.

14. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    I will be displaying my 458 Spider. We should all get out and support this event. Thanks to Steve, Andy and all of the others who have worked to organize this groundbreaking event.

15. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    My Luck...I have a wedding that day..
    Trying profusely to get out of it...Certainly want to be there..
    If I skip the ceremony and just show up for drinks later in day... I can just squeeze in..

any count on how many F cars so far???

16. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

Hope you can make it Michael.

So far we have 18 judged and 9 display. Still over one week to register before I close out judging. I really thought we'd be getting a better response based on all the interest here on LI. This might be the one and only concours we are doing if we don't get more participation.

17. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    I'm surprised that there aren't at least 100+ F cars showing up between LI and NYC alone ! C'mon people 99% of us thought this would be a cool idea particularly LIers. Steve Morea has worked extremely hard to make this a reality and its now upon us. My "driver" 599 GTO will be washed (ok detailed :) and judged (which will be the 1st car show for me and my car). If I'm doing this then ANYBODY can do it. So PLEASE lets ALL support Steve and the FCA and sign on with whatever F car you have. Just DO IT !!!

18. BassMan

BassMan Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #18 BassMan, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Earlier this year I posed the question Should There Be a Judged Ferrari Concorso on Long Island?

87% of the respondents said Yes that was equal to 47 FChatters.

We have made a considerable effort to make this a reality. Steve has been working on putting this together for months and we are days away from having a real concorso with real FCA qualified judges. There will be many great cars on display and up for judging but we need you to participate.

You said it was a great idea - well now it's reality. Let's get this show off with bang and make grow it each year to be a premier event.

Show your support and register today. There will be food ,drinks, goodie bags and more importantly old and new friends.

19. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    If my new car had arrived by now I would be in....unfortunately it has not.
    I am sure it will be a great venue.
    Hope it is successful and is back again next year....great job Steve and the rest of the crew.

20. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Much appreciated Stephen. You have no clue how much work is going into this. Thank God for Matt Ligotti of Northeast Italian Car Club for helping out and supplying the judges for this event. All the people that responded here that said they would help with judging disappeared. We can still use a few judges by the way if anyone is interested. My good friend Mike (bball16) has been coming to all the Great Marques Meetings and some FCA meetings as well and is being a tremendous help.
    There are so many Ferraris in the area and some real special interest ones too like LaFerraris, 288 GTO's etc. I would love to have some of these car participate also. Even if display only to just add some eye candy to the show. Where is everybody???

Thanks Andy. I really appreciate the support. I have to correct one thing though. This year we are not following strict FCA guidelines so no need for FCA qualified judges. We are doing a more relaxed show as to attract more people and not scare anyone away. If this takes off then we will make it a true FCA quality concourso following their rules for Platinum, Gold and Silver awards. We aren't there yet. And if it doesn't pick up, it's sad to say it will never be.

21. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Guys this show is approaching fast. We need to know how many more cars will be competing.

22. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Correct. Judging entries will be closed this Sunday 9/18.

23. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Reminder. This Sunday is the last day for registration. Long range forecast looks good.

24. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm extending the judged car registration through this Wednesday. This way I'm hoping the weather watchers will sign up by then. That is the absolute last day you can register for being judged. At this point you MUST pay via PayPal as I won't get payment in time by check. I won't accept cars to be judged after. No exceptions. Thank you.

25. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Weather looks great for the next 10 days. This could be big.