New to NYC - looking for a good detailer | FerrariChat

New to NYC - looking for a good detailer

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by s.freid, Aug 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. s.freid

s.freid Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Seattle / NYC
    Hello all,

I write this from Niagra Falls, Ontario, towards the end of my cross country road trip from Seattle. I'm starting my freshman year at Manhattan College next week, and am looking for somewhere to detail my Lexus RC-F periodically, hopefully in the Riverdale/Bronx part of NYC - or within 20-30 mins from campus. If there is a good mobile detailer, that's also fair game!

Does anybody have any suggestions? I've had quite some difficulty finding anything that looks good online.

Thanks in advance! I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you at local car events.

Spencer

2. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If you are up for a short drive, a lot of us use Andrew from Big A detailing. He is in Plainview next to the Ferrari dealer. Picked my 430 up from him today and am always impressed with his attention to detail.

3. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Gus at tecknic 1
    Midtown west NYC

4. allang

allang Karting

May 31, 2005
    Phil at Detailers Domain in Norwood, NJ, right across the border from Rockland County.

5. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Just a short ride north to New Rochelle check out Enthusiast Details NYC. Just look at their Instagram to see what they do.

6. tboniello

tboniello Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2012
    Miami, FL/North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Tony
    +1 for Fation at Enthusiast Details

7. s.freid

s.freid Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Seattle / NYC
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I looked up each place and Enthusiast Details is closest to me. The car is going on on Monday after more than 3500 miles of driving!

8. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

You're driving that car in the Bronx. Good luck on parking. Hate to say it, but good paint shop might be a better ask. Know when people in the Bronx know they have backed far enough . . .when their head smacks into their headrest.

9. s.freid

s.freid Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Seattle / NYC
    That's what I've heard, makes sense that everybody has those bumper guards!
    Manhattan College has a covered & secured parking garage that the car will be parked/stored in. I don't intend to use the car in the city, and given the likelihood of being pre-occupied with school I don't see the car leaving the garage more than twice a week.

10. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I was half joking, but it is not a great area for street parking. Very nice car for a college student.

11. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Problem is the bumper guards get dirty and they scratch the paint. This is why we do 24 month leases.....

12. s.freid

s.freid Karting

Oct 7, 2014
    Seattle / NYC
    Good to know, thanks for the heads up.

I'm all moved in and the car is safely tucked away in the garage after a fantastic detail by Enthusiast Details... thanks for the recommendations again everybody!

13. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Ditto on Gus.

As well as Eddy at Detailing Dynamics in Mineola. In fact, DD is having an open house/BBQ next month. I'd HIGHLY recommend stopping by just to check them out