Caffiene and Carburettors - New Caanan, CT | FerrariChat

Caffiene and Carburettors - New Caanan, CT

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by tuttebenne, Oct 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Well the Americana was a bust thanks to a storm named Matthew. I'm bummed because that was always the high point of the season for me. I noticed this event up in CT on October 16. Has anyone gone up there for one of their events?

Here's a link to a vid on their September event. Looks like some amazing cars and it would be a nice drive up.

http://caffeineandcarburetors.com/index.php/videos/september-2016/

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Andy, if you haven't gone to a C&C in NC, you're seriously missing out mate, it's a helluva a time, though this one's at Waveny, which is cool, but outside Zumbach's is suppppper fun on the strip there.

Either way, go and enjoy yourself, it's a blast.

3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I'll take a ride up to this. The Merit early morning is a fun place. Maybe I can bump in to an old buddy M. Danforth.

4. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thanks for the input Ken. The weather forecast looks good so I'm going to take a run up.

5. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I've been there numerous times. Go early. At least an hour if your going to bring your car. Two for primo spots. Turnout on a nice day is amazing.

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Clyde, what time do you need to ne there. What's it like leaving.

7. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Get there between 7:30 and 7:45 or you will get a terrible display spot. Leaving is not an issue. If you take a 512bb you will likely get a good to great spot by the parking directors.

These shows are the best. Nothing like them.

8. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Where are all the bagel boys on this one. Would be a good chance to promote the NY concours for next year, right.

9. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #9 tuttebenne, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
    Just got back from Caffiene and Carburetors up in New Caanan. In a word; "Incredible". The amount of cars there and the diversity were spectacular.

Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches (over 100), BMW, Mercedes, Alfas, Fiats, Lancias, Citroen, Jaguar, Aston Martin, etc. There was an Arnolt Bristol, a Siata, a Riley, a Zonda, McLarens, Corvettes, I could go on and on. We even ran into Joe Scarborough there (Morning Joe).

The drive up was awesome with the leaves changing on the Merritt Parkway and the crisp fall air. It was a blast. Here are some shots. I didn't take photos of the contemporary cars since we all have seen 599s, Italias, 430s, 911s etc, but there were at least 40 Ferraris scattered around the grounds.

10 16 2016 Caffiene And Carburetors by tuttebenne | Photobucket

10. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I went too and frankly it's too big! I heard they had 1500 cars. :eek:

This was bigger than most car shows I go to let alone C&C events.

There's no organization of cars by marque except for some closest to the house so you really have walk a lot and just look.

I left by 10:00 am and people were still coming in as well as leaving.

Weather was great as were the cars.

11. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Im afraid at the current rate of growth they will have to change something. On the big lawn there were 12 rows of cars. Last time i was there think it was just a few.
    Anyways a great time. Too see two 308gt/4's with the same silver/black paint scheme tells you something.

12. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    #12 guygowrie, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Guy,

Saw/heard that Lancia on the way out. It makes some glorious noise.

Andy