Anbody willing to send me some apples? | FerrariChat

Anbody willing to send me some apples?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by dstacy, Oct 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I know, I know, its an odd request.....

I really like ida red apples and they only grow upstate. Most years Wegman's or one of the other grocery stores has them. Would any of you be willing to send me a couple of bags? I'll of course cover your costs.
    I can send you something from Texas for your trouble, make a donation to your favorite charity, do something for someone else, you let me know.

Thanks,

2. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I wanted to send my boss in Cali some NY State apples. Went to a local orchard where they told me they aren't allowed to ship across most state lines. They would not even try & ship for me. They went further to say if Fed Ex or UPS found out there was fruit in a box, they'd chuck it as undeliverable.

3. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I've had chatters help me in the past. No big deal. FYI, it is not against any law to ship fruit across state lines, that was plain BS.

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

5. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'll run over to the orchard on Saturday to pick some up for you again. Just let me know how many you want.

6. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    #6 ClydeM, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Not really

Individual states set their own restrictions on the importation of fresh fruit from other states. As of 2011, California, Florida and Texas have restrictions in place against importing certain types of fruits, such as citrus fruits or berries, from other states

Here's your Texan citrus restrictions.
    I'm still poking around for apples.

Here's the restrictions on assorted fruits & veggies for Cali Here Apples from the Mid/Eastern US are forbidden.