Does anyone know this 458 - I'm looking at purchasing | FerrariChat

Does anyone know this 458 - I'm looking at purchasing

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by pfl, Nov 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pfl

pfl Karting

Jan 7, 2013
    #1 pfl, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi everyone,

I am looking at a few 458s and this one caught my eyes as it is spec'd rather different than others. I was wondering if anyone here knows any history or past owners of this car:

What stood out to me was:
    1- Calipers are yellow even though build sheet states Red
    2- Even with 3,900 miles, the tires that are currently on the car are Michellin Pilot Super Sports but in build sheet it came with Pirelli P Zero tires
    3- The Carbon door sill looks different than other 458s with similar CF package

2012 Ferrari 458 Italia Southlake, Texas | Southlake Motorcars
    VIN: ZFF67NFA9C0183925
    Color: Corsa Red
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Tires dry out and go bad the car is a few years old so it needed new tires. He made the right choice to put Michelins. Maybe he got bored of the red calipers and had them painted yellow? Wouldn't bother me. Looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Maybe the sills are aftermarket? and i would change the caliper color back to red

4. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    A few thoughts

The door sills are definitely aftermarket. OEM CF sills have the indents and silver/chrome lettering; take a look at a Speciale for a clear example. No big deal. All the engine CF is also aftermarket (or, OEM added later) as is the interior door pulls. MaCarbon maybe?

Michelins vs. Pirellis? no big deal, the Michelins are better, but I'd find out when they were replaced (service history). There should also be a service history for the calipers either being repainted or replaced. 4 year old tires are no big deal, but wearing a set out in 3,900 miles might indicate something. Check the brake rotor life remaining, should be 80%++ at least.

GET A PPI - and get the full history. There are plenty of good options down there.

Call me a snob and paranoid, but most "good" used Ferraris tend to stay in their neighborhood; so if this car was delivered by FoLI, I'd be curious how it ended up in Texas....

Beautiful spec and car, if it checks out you should get it.

5. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.

I agree with this gentleman's assessment. I just checked the carfax and find it interesting. What puzzles me is that 2012 cars came with the "free" service and it looks like it was never done! In fact it looks like no reported service like oil change, or brake fluid flushes was done by anyone. Who knows maybe it just never hit carfax and they have real records to prove otherwise, but I doubt it. From what I understand if you miss the tight window for the "free" 7 years of annual service you lose it forever so maybe the first owner didn't have it calendared and blew it for the 7 years. Might explain why it is not offered by a Ferrari dealer.

Also, I would not buy a new to you Ferrari out of factory warranty without any sort of factory Ferrari extended warranty that at least covers the DCT. My understanding is that must be from a Ferrari dealer to get those. Up to you. Good luck and remember there are tons of red 458 coupes out there, and likely many local with Warranty eligibility from the 4 NYC area dealers.

By the way this car appears not to be local and shot out to California early in its life per the Carfax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk