9/11 museum | FerrariChat

9/11 museum

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, Mar 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    The wife & I headed to NYC to meet some friends - even in the this rain. We decided to see the 9/11 museum. I saw the devastation in 2001, saw the cleanup, and have seen assorted articles on the area's goings on. I've lived reasonably close by to NYC all my life & I wasn't impressed or motivated enough to go see it.

I was wrong.

Everyone there was somber. The infinity wells were simplistic, yet emotionally stirring. The museum should be a must see for every American. People were in disbelief, and quite a few were crying even after all these years. The collection of artifacts was amazing. The photos and videos conveyed the absolute horror of the event. Three things really moved me. I saw a video of the 2nd plane flying into the tower in unbelievable clarity and closeness. I saw a video of the other tower collapsing in 1 minute & 30 seconds that I've never seen before. and the third was photos of people falling & jumping from the tower in the futility of their situation obviously to their deaths.

The layout was extremely well done. Warnings were posted of the graphic nature of certain displays.

EVERYONE was extremely respectful of the rooms. I've never seen that at a NYC attraction before. No yelling or running kids, no loud talking, no cell phones ringing. Nothing but utter respect. Wow.

So if you get the chance, go.

2. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Good for you that you were able to go, I've been told by a lot of people I know who have gone that it is very thoughtful and moving. I still work across the street but can't bring myself to go there yet. I walk past at least twice a day but can't go to the museum or the courtyard.

However finally about 4 weeks ago I managed to walk through the occulus. It's impressive and also well done.

3. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I've been to the memorial several years ago but haven't been back since the museum opened. As soon as it gets warmer out I plan to go. But it definitely is a humbling experience being there on the grounds where so many innocent lives were lost for no reason at all.

4. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy