My vote for best car at Paul Miiler event last Sunday.... | FerrariChat

My vote for best car at Paul Miiler event last Sunday....

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by joe1973, May 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    #1 joe1973, May 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi All,

I spent just less than an hour at Paul Miller in Parsippany last Sunday. After trolling through all the Porsches, BMWs, handful of Ferraris (I added my 355), Maclarens, and pockets of Japanese and Muscle cars.... my vote went to the Singer 911 housed inside the showroom. Perfect balance of old school, badass while understated and simplistic in design. And I know it's bark is just out of this era. Just my 0.02.

Interesting that for the first time in a car show, I felt the older/classic cars just didn't pop for me last weekend. Not the jag, 280 sl pagoda, 930 turbos and the few American muscle cars. Maybe it's because the newer 911 bodies, 918 Spyder, F458s (saw 2) and Maclarens (saw over 5) looked so special without excessive 'bling' (Lambo's say that to me-- sorry) that I felt the older cars somehow lost their charm last weekend. Maybe I'll snap out of it being an old school aficionado of Porsches, MBs, BMWs.... New cars are just less hands on which is what makes this all a hobby for me.

Sharing one photo of average cars parked right there among the 'show' cars. Good for Paul Miller allowing everyone to be part of the event regardless of make/condition.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login