The Lingenfelter Collection | FerrariChat

The Lingenfelter Collection

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by nthfinity, Jun 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #1 nthfinity, Jun 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As most here know, I've become good friends with an avid car collector. Few can say they have a collection of 100 cars... I am lucky to have even gotten to know him, simply striking up a conversation at a grocery store parking lot a three years ago. Since then, he has gone from 13 cars in Michigan to the astounding "tripple digit" numbers... AMAZING!

Over the coming months, and more I am cataloguing every car, and we can all live vicariously through this man just a little.

Post any photos of his cars in the "wild" here, at any car shows here, and everything else :)

----------------------------------------------------------
    Cars completed

Bentley Continental GT
    Aston Martin Vanquish
    2003 Ferrari Enzo
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The greatest modern Ferrari... spectacular! This car has full Tubi exhaust, is a 2003 Enzo Ferrari (back when Ferrari may have originally intended on making only 399 Enzo's) purchassed from Ralf Lauren in late 2005.

2003 Ferrari Enzo

70 hi-res images, with these few images to wet the appatite.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    I want to know what grocery store ! :D

3. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #3 nthfinity, Jun 7, 2007
  4. redwingfan2k1

redwingfan2k1 Karting

Apr 21, 2004
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Louis N.
    I don't know who this guy is, but I'm sure I've seen him around a bunch of times.

5. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    He shows up in Birmingham periodically, and is in Troy almost soley to pick up a new car... or service one etc.
    You're likely thinking of Tom Celini

6. kahmed

kahmed Karting

Dec 15, 2005
    Nice pics Isaac, keep them coming.

7. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    My lovely girlfriend Karen and I were fortunate enough to see about half of his collection, and I will say that I was left speechless. The Enzo has a Tubi competition exhaust and it is LOUD! Other cars I saw were a Porsche Carrera GT, a Saleen S7, an F-40, Lambo Gallardo and Murcielago, and Shelby Cobra 427, an Audi RS6, a Mercedes McLaren SLR, and this list goes on. I just couldn't believe it. This fellow is very nice and down to earth, and makes you feel comfortable. I was very impressed with how humble he was and easy to talk to. What a great guy!

8. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    I know of him. It's almost impossible not to when you talk to enthusiasts, dealers, etc... I've been saying for over a year now that his collection is one of the best in the country. I don't want to say what I've heard he is in the process of getting right now, but it will make a much stronger case for him having one of the top few best collections of exotics in the USA.

And I too have heard nothing but good things about him personally. By all accounts, he's a gentleman and true enthusiast.

9. Poodie

Poodie Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Michael
    so who's putting together the cruise to go see his private car collection? :)

10. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Back on April 22, 2007... there may be another time later this summer as well.

11. kahmed

kahmed Karting

Dec 15, 2005
    I would love to see the collection.

12. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Soooooo, have you driven the Enzo??? :)

JIM

13. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    While I've had great opertunities to drive amazing cars... The Enzo is still not one of them :( perhaps someday.

Right now, I'm starting to get something rolling for a little "parade cruise" with the Enzo, 288, and others... i'll keep everyone updated ( I know a lot are going to be at hte F1 race that day)

14. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #14 nthfinity, Jun 15, 2007
    2003 McLaren Mercedes SLR

44 hi-res images, with these few images to wet the appetite. I did 3 HRD images for the first time testing it out... maybe next time, I'll play with photomatrix.

Carbon Fiber work on the SLR isn't as good as I expected it to be... and everything else.. it hardly feels like a proper supercar from the inside... but it does go!

enjoy!

(and one beautiful line up, if i do say so myself ;) )

15. audihenry

audihenry Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Henry
    You don't have to name him, but what does this guy do for a living? Real estate developer or private equity guy is my guess!

16. basman007

basman007 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2006
    EU
    Full Name:
    Basman
    Are you serious? That's insane lol
    I'm looking forward to more of your pictures :D

17. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Guys, you have no idea. He is a super down to earth guy.

I've been fortunate enough to visit the KINGDOM twice now, and I'm completely blown away!!! Isaac certainly has his hands full to document the collection as it seems that every time you turn around, there is something interesting to look at.

The only word I can use to describe it is WOW!!

18. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    Whats this guy do?

19. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Retired himself out so that he may enjoy his cars more :)

20. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    That wasnt quite the answer I was looking for.

21. Vector W8

Vector W8 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Vector W8 015
    I'm not real sure that the individual in question wants his business posted all over the internet. He did well for himself and was able to "cash out". Now he enjoys playing with toys. Its a good life, but hes earned what he has. Im sure that Isaac respects this persons privacy.

22. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Yep....there are some things you just don't ask out of moral and ethical respect. I'm lucky enough to be aquainted with several "well off" guys. They enjoy hanging out and talking cars, and sharing their latest toys with me be it boats, cars...etc. One big reason that these fellows share things with a blue-collar guy like me is because I never EVER ask "how much"? I never pry into their personal business. I feel honored that they trust me enough to allow me to see their personal stuff, and I'm always very cautious and respectful of their vehicles. They see that I'm just as enthusiastic about cars as they are. When it comes down to passion we are all on the same level. The fellow that is the subject of this thread is very laid back and easy mannered. He makes you feel comfortable immediately and you almost forget the value of everything around you. He was very gracious and trusting when our group showed up to see only a part of his fabulous collection. I for one feel very priveledged and fortunate, and don't take opportunities like this for granted. I'm hoping that some day a few of us will have another opportunity to see more of his collection. I wish we could do something to show our appreciation to this gentleman. Bottom line is that I feel lucky to have been in the presence of so many incredible cars in one place....it was unbelievable.

23. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well said. BAKY, please don't take it personally, I too saw your query and did not feel comfortable answering the question. We aren't trying to be dodge your question just to mess with you, I feel that Isaac, is the closest to him and if Isaac isn't free with offering up information about him, than I certainly am not going to post anything.

It may seem like it is a benign question, but by posting his previous profession may send those with not great intentions researching for the wrong reasons.

Mike

24. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    Well, I didnt mean to offend anyone but asking what business someone is in really doesnt seem odd to me. I own several exotics and expect people to ask what I do...that seems to go along with the territory of driving a 200k car down the street, that doesnt mean I get offended or "think" they want my personal address or ss#. Thats not what I wanted or expected at all. I simply ask what business he was in....a simple real estate or food industry would do. If I am correct people are posting the mans name in the post before my question yet people think its odd I ask what business....seems backwards to me. I understand that Issac doesnt want to invade anyones privacy and I am sure the generic answer to my question isnt doing that anymore than posting pictures of his war chest.

25. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Yes BAKY I do see your point too....there has already been some "leakage" of information so I agree a very generic, general answer probably wouldn't cause any harm. I agree with 348_/Spiderman in that we will leave it up to those closest and most familiar to this gentleman, to use their conscience and judgement to do so or not.

I'm glad to see everyone being decent and respectful here in this thread. Too many times you get a hot-head who runs off on the keyboard without thinking, and before you know it people are mud-slinging. I truly appreciate the civility and intelligence being shown. Thank You.