Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA East > North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)

Reply
 
Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Formula 3
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northville, Michigan
Full Name: Jeff B
Posts: 1,121
Michigan Spotters Thread

I haven't seen a Michigan spotters thread in a while, yet there is a good selection of exotics in S.E. Michigan particularly... I'll start with a rare sighting, although it was a couple of months back. A grigio ingrid 612 heading east on Maple, near Telegraph. I also saw a Black Gallardo Spider with all black wheels (including the lip) on Haggerty and 8 Mile this past week.
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #2  
Old 10-08-2007, 08:54 AM
tfazio's Avatar
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,360
Ok I will continue this. I saw a silver SLR at Beck and North Territorial in Plymouth about 3 weeks ago. This was the first SLR I saw on the road. It looked pretty sharp. Much better in person than in pictures IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-08-2007, 09:06 AM
kizdan's Avatar
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: USA
Full Name: Dan K.
Posts: 4,415
I saw an awesome sight yesterday...........a metallic black 430 Spider, a metallic black 599, a pearl orange Gallardo Spyder, and a gray 911 Turbo all inside one person's garage - awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Michigan,USA
Full Name: Mo Makki
Posts: 1,054
Smile

its not fun if you don't show pictuers...i think if you to do this right you must take pics of cars you spot.............MO
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-08-2007, 11:49 AM
F1 Rookie
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Shelby twp
Full Name: James
Posts: 3,761
saw a black 360 at mgm on Friday
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Today?
Full Name: Earnest
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizdan View Post
I saw an awesome sight yesterday...........a metallic black 430 Spider, a metallic black 599, a pearl orange Gallardo Spyder, and a gray 911 Turbo all inside one person's garage - awesome!

Heck just go by the Capital Grille or Camerons or Mitchells Fish Market on on Thur night in Birm Hm. All the fellows with exotics are out fishing for the ladies with their hot rides. Sometimes there is some catch and release fishing going on.......
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Formula 3
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northville, Michigan
Full Name: Jeff B
Posts: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian1118 View Post
saw a black 360 at mgm on Friday
I saw a black 360 with tan interior at 6 Mile & Haggerty earlier today, probably the same one you saw. How is the parking at the new MGM? Somebody said it didn't seem good enough to feel comfortable leaving an exotic outside.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-09-2007, 12:08 PM
F1 Rookie
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Shelby twp
Full Name: James
Posts: 3,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
I saw a black 360 with tan interior at 6 Mile & Haggerty earlier today, probably the same one you saw. How is the parking at the new MGM? Somebody said it didn't seem good enough to feel comfortable leaving an exotic outside.
This one was blk/blk (well I think it was dark) 6-speed

The line to get into the MGM garage was crazy. I would guess 30-45 min to just get in. I parked at a lot a few blocks down (same place as the 360)


The casino not as great as I expected, I'll stick with Greek town. The new motor city also looked nice.
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #9  
Old 10-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Michigan,USA
Full Name: Mo Makki
Posts: 1,054
Smile pictuers pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

jeff are an foc-michigan member...if not want t jion and drive with us............mo
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Formula 3
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northville, Michigan
Full Name: Jeff B
Posts: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by modmaki View Post
jeff are an foc-michigan member...if not want t jion and drive with us............mo
Hey Mo, I'm not a member. It sounds fun and I would definitely like to participate in some events & cruises, but I'm pretty bad about being consistent on things like this. As I was telling Issac earlier, I'm looking forward to the next Cauley track day. I've never attended one, but I promised them that if/when I got a 599, I would attend the next one, so I'll be coming to the next one.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-11-2007, 01:00 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South East MI
Full Name: Isaac not Issac
Posts: 7,295
Hey Jeff,
I look forward to eventually meeting you. Congrats on the 599 purchase!!! its a car that definitely feels like its up for the quintessential cross-country road trip like no other Ferrari I've had the pleasure of being in.

On a aside, I saw a Noble M12 GTO (R3?) on 23 North south of AA the other day... silver/gray metalic... I think it belongs to a friend on the NSX boards, and was in the FOC Spring drive this year.

Last edited by nthfinity; 10-11-2007 at 01:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Michigan,USA
Full Name: Mo Makki
Posts: 1,054
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
Hey Mo, I'm not a member. It sounds fun and I would definitely like to participate in some events & cruises, but I'm pretty bad about being consistent on things like this. As I was telling Issac earlier, I'm looking forward to the next Cauley track day. I've never attended one, but I promised them that if/when I got a 599, I would attend the next one, so I'll be coming to the next one.
you don't realy have to be consistant as next year we will have many events,including our owen track day,you can pick and choose what event you would like to praticipate in ...this is a layed back group that likes to get togther drive and talk ferraris thats all..........MO....p.s our BBQ is next sat 20th if your not busey come out and meet the group...i'll send info if your intrested...no commitment
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-19-2007, 12:41 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Full Name: Louis N.
Posts: 213
Bentley Continental GTC and a black Ferrari 360 Spider at Morton's in Birmingham. When I drove by two of the valet guys were checking out the car and one gently touched the challenge grille and said "Thats so light!"

Also, The Motorcar Gallery in Birmingham has a black Gallardo and a black 360 Coupe.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Rookie
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Detroit
Full Name: Just Nere
Posts: 17
Silver 355 in Southwest Detroit of all places on Vernor Wednesday
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Rookie
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit...ish, MI
Full Name: Jason
Posts: 14
I saw a pearl white 355 with pearl white wheels at Autometrics in Royal Oak a while back.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Full Name: Louis N.
Posts: 213
Probably my greatest spot ever tonight: MC12 at Somerset Mall! My friend and I were bored out of our minds so we decided to say hey to some friends who work at the mall. As we were coming back across the Skywalk we saw a rediculous spoiler out of the window and at first I thought it was a riced out NSX or Eclipse or something, then I took a better look and it and it was an MC12! So we go outside to check it out and take some [bad] cell phone pics. Then a valet came over and opened the door and it drove off.

But there are a few things I'd like clearing up, and maybe someone on here can help!

First, this is the car thats been in Cauley a lot recently and going to shows, and since its been at the dealership, I didn't think it was owned. Is this true?

Second, a man that the owner came out with mentioned that there are only 25 in the world. But I think I remember hearing that there were 11 in the country and 60 in the world.

Third, I also remember hearing that it is not street legal. Is this true?

In other news, there was a DB9 Spider (in British Racing Green!) and two Bentley Continental GTs in Birmingham.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n38512126_31785152_7484.jpg (40.3 KB, 594 views)
File Type: jpg n38512126_31785155_8323.jpg (49.7 KB, 594 views)
File Type: jpg n38512126_31785156_8594.jpg (56.0 KB, 596 views)
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #17  
Old 10-22-2007, 10:36 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South East MI
Full Name: Isaac not Issac
Posts: 7,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingfan2k1 View Post
Probably my greatest spot ever tonight: MC12 at Somerset Mall! My friend and I were bored out of our minds so we decided to say hey to some friends who work at the mall. As we were coming back across the Skywalk we saw a rediculous spoiler out of the window and at first I thought it was a riced out NSX or Eclipse or something, then I took a better look and it and it was an MC12! So we go outside to check it out and take some [bad] cell phone pics. Then a valet came over and opened the door and it drove off.

But there are a few things I'd like clearing up, and maybe someone on here can help!

First, this is the car thats been in Cauley a lot recently and going to shows, and since its been at the dealership, I didn't think it was owned. Is this true?

Second, a man that the owner came out with mentioned that there are only 25 in the world. But I think I remember hearing that there were 11 in the country and 60 in the world.

Third, I also remember hearing that it is not street legal. Is this true?

In other news, there was a DB9 Spider (in British Racing Green!) and two Bentley Continental GTs in Birmingham.
Awsome sighting man!

I've previously understood that this MC12 isn't truly DOT legal... I know there are 11 in the US, and 6 of them are DOT legal. The car is owned, and the only place its been listed for sale is at Kip Sheward's site.

I don't know weather or not that a non DOT legal MC12 can or can't be converted yet, nor do I know if this one has been recently.
25 MC12's were made for homologation purposes to race in the GT1 class in both ALMS, and FIA GT series. I believe it raced for 2 years, thus making 50 cars? In addition, 12 MC Corsa's have been made, and X number of pure race cars. This would put the total to near 65 cars in one form or another.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
Full Name: Louis N.
Posts: 213
Thanks Isaac! You almost know too much about this stuff!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-24-2007, 01:18 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South East MI
Full Name: Isaac not Issac
Posts: 7,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingfan2k1 View Post
Thanks Isaac! You almost know too much about this stuff!
Well, I could've done a little more research to get you some more correct information...

2004 there were 30 cars made in the homologation production run, and in 2005, 25 were made. so near 70 were made altogether. That means that this MC12 is a 2005 model
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Formula 3
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northville, Michigan
Full Name: Jeff B
Posts: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingfan2k1 View Post
Probably my greatest spot ever tonight: MC12 at Somerset Mall! My friend and I were bored out of our minds so we decided to say hey to some friends who work at the mall. As we were coming back across the Skywalk we saw a rediculous spoiler out of the window and at first I thought it was a riced out NSX or Eclipse or something, then I took a better look and it and it was an MC12! So we go outside to check it out and take some [bad] cell phone pics. Then a valet came over and opened the door and it drove off.

But there are a few things I'd like clearing up, and maybe someone on here can help!

First, this is the car thats been in Cauley a lot recently and going to shows, and since its been at the dealership, I didn't think it was owned. Is this true?

Second, a man that the owner came out with mentioned that there are only 25 in the world. But I think I remember hearing that there were 11 in the country and 60 in the world.

Third, I also remember hearing that it is not street legal. Is this true?

In other news, there was a DB9 Spider (in British Racing Green!) and two Bentley Continental GTs in Birmingham.
Wow, what a sighting! "Kizdan" told me that it is picked up & driven by the owner (or a family member of his) on occasion, so I'm not totally surprised, but still, to actually see it out is sweet.

That reminds me... I saw a silver SLR at Somerset a few months ago with an Ontario plate. I assumed it was the same guy who used to frequent Blue Martini in his orange Murci coupe, then red Murci Roadster. It might have been somebody different of course, but since the guy is obviously an enthusiast, he was the first one who came to mind. I couldn't see who was driving it, but I did see that there was a blonde girl in the passenger seat as they were driving away.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.


FerrariChat.com has no association with Ferrari S.p.A.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.