Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA East > North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

If anyone is up for more cars this weekend, there is a show in Noblesville.

Lucky Teter Rebel Run Car Show at Nobelsville Forest Park

Friday, August 26th
Pre-Show Friday Night Cruise-In at Jim Dandy at 2301 Conner St in Noblesville.
6:00 - 10:00 PM

Saturday, August 27th
Lucky Teter Rebel Run Car Show at Nobelsville Forest Park on State Road 19
Show: 12:00 - 3:00 PM
Entry Fee $10
Dash plaques for the first 100 entries, T-shirts, Trophies, DJ and Food

All proceeds benefit the Noblesville Masonic Lodge #57 Angel Fund which benefits local kids in need.

Lucky Teter was from Noblesville and traveled around with a stunt show.
http://www.luckyteterrebelrun.com/
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 08-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

OK, so sounds like we need to get together with the regulars for a kumbaya circle, then we'll all be right as rain again.

For the sake of the aging P-Car, I suggest a leisurely cruise. Actually, that's mostly for me since its been years since I have driven Brown County.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:02 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Bill S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUL8TR View Post
OK, so sounds like we need to get together with the regulars for a kumbaya circle, then we'll all be right as rain again.

For the sake of the aging P-Car, I suggest a leisurely cruise. Actually, that's mostly for me since its been years since I have driven Brown County.
Hopefully the 17th works for everyone for our "nostalgia cruise". The next weekend is Jim's Ferraris and Friend's in Ft Wayne.

Old times:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oct13 7.jpg (77.8 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg oct31 3.jpg (218.2 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg oct31 2.jpg (172.8 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg indyIV06.jpg (136.7 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg mitchnsx.jpg (139.0 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg rocky point 1.jpg (226.3 KB, 199 views)
Old 08-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

William, I was wondering if you fell off the face of the earth - always good to hear from you.

As for all of the other input, I have to agree with SMS that this year has been the busiest and most weekend consuming of them all. Clearly I am not the only one experiencing it.

So. . . . . it appears we should keep on with what we were doing, maybe get started a little earlier, try to find ways to attact more of the exotics, and stick with the location (which I do like, to be honest). And just simply do what we can to get there.

I hope to be there this weekend, 9/3 is out as "young Bill" gets married that day. I will do what I can to be a better participant after that.

Good dialog.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 08-23-2011, 10:05 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS View Post
Hopefully the 17th works for everyone for our "nostalgia cruise". The next weekend is Jim's Ferraris and Friend's in Ft Wayne.

Old times:
It's about time I feel like I abandoned you guys. Cinci drives have stopped now that I left too
Old 08-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webby View Post
It's about time I feel like I abandoned you guys. Cinci drives have stopped now that I left too
Fine, we blame you then. You are the reason we haven't gotten our butts out on drives. :P

Its that, or since you left us, we are finally getting around to those Honey Do lists we've been putting off for years. :P
Old 08-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by twright View Post
Shall we all try to make it this Saturday? Are yellow F-cars allowed?
Yellow f-cars ARE ALLOWED, but they are heavily taxed since they aren't traditional f-car red.

The price is one cup of freshly brewed coffee. You pay the tax directly to me. I do not provide receipts, so you will not be able to report this on your taxes.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:30 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Bill S.
Quote:
Yellow f-cars ARE ALLOWED, but they are heavily taxed since they aren't traditional f-car red.

The price is one cup of freshly brewed coffee. You pay the tax directly to me. I do not provide receipts, so you will not be able to report this on your taxes.
Mark,
I think you are forgetting about the administration's "Yellow Ferrari Driving Stimulus Plan" whereby owner's of Turbocharged cars are taxed to pay for drivers of Yellow Ferraris to save or create jobs at area coffee shops. You can save a lot of red tape by rebating the cooffee price at the scene.

Fortunately the supercharged car owners had a good enough lobbyist to be exempted from a broad overreaching forced induction tax.

(See you in the P&R Section! )
Old 08-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS View Post
Mark,
I think you are forgetting about the administration's "Yellow Ferrari Driving Stimulus Plan" whereby owner's of Turbocharged cars are taxed to pay for drivers of Yellow Ferraris to save or create jobs at area coffee shops. You can save a lot of red tape by rebating the cooffee price at the scene.

Fortunately the supercharged car owners had a good enough lobbyist to be exempted from a broad overreaching forced induction tax.

(See you in the P&R Section! )
You failed to recognize the black car clause. Due to the difficulty in seeing a black car vs a red or yellow, there is a special excise tax.

Additionally, there is the TMT tax for anyone that combines a supercharger with carbs because that results in To Much Trouble (TMT) to keep running smoothly. The TMT tax also applies to anyone running something similar to a triple Weber set-up.

The reason I am not a paying member of f-chat is to make sure I keep myself OUT of the P&R section. You and I both know that would end poorly.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

I got the AC issue sorted out today, so the car is all back together for C&C tomorrow!
Old 08-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

I'll be there!
Old 08-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Really strong turn out today. Great to see familiar faces.

I also took in the British show in Zionsville and the Lucky Teter show in Noblesville.

The Noblesville show had over 100 cars, mostly American and lots of Muscle cars & hot rods and was held under the huge trees at Forest Park. Lots of cool and shade for those folks.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 08-27-2011, 04:05 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Brian
Unable to get away anywhere today. Did have a Bentley and XK140 showing at Zionsville. Hope I might have something unusual for the 17th breakfast stop.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:31 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Andrew
Quote:
Really strong turn out today. Great to see familiar faces.

I also took in the British show in Zionsville and the Lucky Teter show in Noblesville.

The Noblesville show had over 100 cars, mostly American and lots of Muscle cars & hot rods and was held under the huge trees at Forest Park. Lots of cool and shade for those folks.
Any pics?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:56 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Andrew, I had my camera, but didn't snap a single one. Heck, I hit 2 more car shows after C&C and still managed to not take a single pic.

I did hear there is a new Evora in town and it belongs to one of the C&C regulars. I was told it is seriously limited in production. I can't recall the rest of what I was told.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Here is a link to a bunch of pics taken by someone else.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_1...7627549889226/

These were taken 8/27/2011.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

We had a great turnout yesterday. My first time back in over a month due to travel and other stuff so it was nice to see so many cars - of all kinds.

So that was the good news. Now something I think we need to somehow deal with on this forum and others and that is excessive engine reving while parked in the lot and aggressive exits. Plus, we really need to prompt those attending to drop some $ at McAllisters. I talked to someone today who said they heard yesterday that there was some frustration with McAllisters manager that the crowd was getting a bit too aggressive in showing off their cars along with people not spending much money on food and beverages.

Take it for what its worth.

Ending on a high note, it was a really fine turnout yesterday with a great variety of cars and a few bikes.

Cheers
Old 10-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEisler View Post
We had a great turnout yesterday. My first time back in over a month due to travel and other stuff so it was nice to see so many cars - of all kinds.

So that was the good news. Now something I think we need to somehow deal with on this forum and others and that is excessive engine reving while parked in the lot and aggressive exits. Plus, we really need to prompt those attending to drop some $ at McAllisters. I talked to someone today who said they heard yesterday that there was some frustration with McAllisters manager that the crowd was getting a bit too aggressive in showing off their cars along with people not spending much money on food and beverages.

Take it for what its worth.

Ending on a high note, it was a really fine turnout yesterday with a great variety of cars and a few bikes.

Cheers
Bill...thanks for sharing. I have posted up a warning on both the maximum and MW sites.

We have to be policing this ourselves. I know I have walked up to people in the past and asked them to chill to keep the businesses happy so we don't get booted.

Hopefully word will spread to the other sites and people will behave.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

This is an FYI...some people on other forums are looking to move the location of the Indy C&C to:

Quote:
Northview Church, located at 131st and Hazel Dell in Carmel, would LOVE to host Indy C&C. They have a coffee shop similar to Barnes and Noble, would be willing to cart it, and other food out to the lot, and they have over 2k parking spaces.
I'll post up their decision. Then its up to following the group, staying put, or doing something different.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Interesting! I kind of like the concept of not "competing" with other patrons. That Meridian corridor is such a great stretch visibility-wise. I am sure we have hooked in several people just wandering by. Not sure if 131st and Hazel Dell would have the same exposure. Keep us posted.
Non-Sponsor Ads