Cleveland Cars & Coffee | FerrariChat

Cleveland Cars & Coffee

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by blackforestauto, Apr 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blackforestauto

blackforestauto Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Discussion of this idea started under another thread titled "Greater Cleveland gatherings" - in fact I am probably guilty of inadvertently hijacking that thread. There seems to be enough interest in the idea to make it worth organizing something, so let's try to nail something down here.

First, the question of date/schedule. How often makes sense? Once a month, twice a month, every week? I suppose some of that depends on the level of interest and participation as it develops, but it would still be useful to get some input on what seems reasonable and workable. As far as a date for the first gathering, either May 16 or May 23 (Memorial Day weekend) have been suggested. We probably ought to choose the date that results in the highest attendance, so let's hear about availability and preferences.

Second, location. I initially suggested the Panera Bakery at Harvard Park shopping center, which is on the southeast side of Cleveland right off of I-271 at the Harvard Road exit. They have a good assortment of bakery, soups, sandwiches and beverages (including cappucino, lattes, etc.) If there are other ideas, put them out here.

Let's make this something fun and exciting - waiting to hear from all of you!

Bob

2. carguy98

carguy98 Formula 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Grant
    My thoughts are that it should be once a month. You can always increase it if there is enough interest and people think they can make it more often.

Hopefully we can start this event! :)

3. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I posted in the other thread. I think that's a good location (not too far from River Road which is nice for a drive)and I'm good for the 16th. Do we need to ask Panera for preferred parking or just get in where ya fit in? With all of the possible liability issues these days I think we should at least let Panera know what is happening.

4. blackforestauto

blackforestauto Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob
    That's a good point - I'll stop by there tomorrow and float the idea past their manager. There is plenty of parking, and I would think they would be happy for the business, but you never know. Thanks for bringing it up.

5. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    So, I will be there tentatively Memorial day weekend so i will definitely be there. I want to see a nice turn out of Italian car especially Ferrari...

6. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    I should be able to make it on Memorial Day weekend, I think the location is good, and I know some guys in Canton that would probably come up. Once a month or every 6 weeks is a good interval also.....

7. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    ZUL8TR had a great suggestion, hitting the other forums and invite of other cars there i.e. Vettes, Viper, Aston, GT-R, Ducati...to name a few.Where I am some guys come from 2 hours away.

Lets show the other Ohio cities that "CLEVELAND REALLY DOES ROCK"

SO hit the other forums guys

8. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Bob-

I vote for Memorial Day weekend as the kickoff as I'll be out of town the previous weekend!!!

Thank you for reading my PMs and listening to my bajillion suggestions. I'm really happy somebody's putting this together.

9. KiD_Enzo

KiD_Enzo Karting

Sep 2, 2005
    Cleveland Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think twice a month would be good but that's just my $0.02.

10. aja

aja Karting

Jun 6, 2005
    pepper pike,oh
    Full Name:
    adam adelstein
    I am in, what ever date you guys decide. location is great once a month would be cool or every week.

11. AAP

AAP Karting

Dec 9, 2003
    Twinsburg, OH
    Full Name:
    Ankur A. Patel
    If this is an open event (non-F Cars allowed) I am in ... I will bring the Vette ...

12. blackforestauto

blackforestauto Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Bring it...this is absolutely non-exclusionary (is that a word?)...well, might draw the line if someone wants to bring a '93 Civic with a "coffee can" exhaust tip...

13. Stretch

Stretch Karting

Feb 8, 2009
    Margaritaville
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hey, I might actually be up in Cleveland that weekend visiting the wife's family. I highly doubt the Viper will make the trip, but if I'm free I'll try to swing by to say hi and talk cars.

14. aja

aja Karting

Jun 6, 2005
    pepper pike,oh
    Full Name:
    adam adelstein
    Bring it be there with mine.

15. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    this thread has gotten a lot of view but few takers...

what gives Cleveland...we can prove Tony right

16. gum3

gum3 Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Bath, OH
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I'm in- let me know where and when (360 spyder- Bath)

17. carguy98

carguy98 Formula 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Grant
    My family and I don't have a Ferrari but my dad and I will definitely be there to look at all of the cars! I will also pass this info on to some classic car owners that I know (if classic cars are accepted).

Please keep me posted.

--Grant

18. blackforestauto

blackforestauto Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Bob
    OK...the consensus that has arisen is the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, which is May 23, is workable. I've had some discussion with the manager at the Panera Bakery location originally discussed, and she needs to get clearance from the District Manager (seems odd they need permission to bring in more business?), so I will speak with her again Tuesday afternoon. For now, that's the tentative location unless there is a problem or someone else puts up a better idea (certainly open to that!). So, in a nutshell:

Cleveland Cars, Coffee and other Caffeine
    Saturday, May 23, 10:00 a.m. until...
    Panera Bakery
    Harvard Square Shopping Center
    Southeast corner of Harvard and Richmond roads, just off I-271 Harvard Avenue interchange
    Emphasis on exotics, but others also welcome!

I'll confirm and reaffirm as we get closer to that date...in the meanwhile thanks for the interest so far!

Bob

P.S. If this goes well, I'm thinking in terms of 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. Once a month doesn't seem to maintain the momentum, and every week just seems like too much. Thoughts?

19. carguy98

carguy98 Formula 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Grant
    That sounds great!

20. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    Bob,

I like the 1st and 3rd thing. Once a month comes to only 4 or 5 opportunities all year in some owners' eyes, and word may not spread fast enough this year (and rain or just sleeping in by accident can easily create a two-month wait between meetings). Every week may be a bit too frequent at first because of too few cars initially.

I will definitely make it out to one (hopefully a few). Not sure if I can do the first one, as I will be in South Dakota the preceeding week, and may or may not be back in time.

Good idea on the location, too; it's accessible to west siders via 480, Akron and Hudson people from the south, obviously anyone on the east side, and not too far from the city.

Looking forward to meeting everyone eventually,

Tony :)

21. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Like I said earlier, River Rd is close by and if we run north from Harvard there is good freeway access where it ends for everyone to get back to where we started. Just in case anyone would like to do a drive after the coffee.

22. lawandorder360

lawandorder360 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NE Ohio
    Great idea! When I'm back in town this summer I'll be sure to stop by...no F-car yet but hopefully one day.

23. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Tony K,

you will not be at the inauguration ...you comment was one of the spearhead...until then my thread only got views

24. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    If I can possibly attend the inauguration, I will, but I don't want to promise and then be a no-show. I will be driving back from South Dakota a day prior to the inaugural Saturday, not sure if I can make it in time. If my stay in SD runs late, I'll miss it, too. When I saw the majority of people leaning toward the Sat. of Memorial Day, I didn't want to butt in and ask to change it just for my sake; let the majority rule. With that said . . . I can absolutely make it the following weekend if anybody doesn't want to wait two weeks! :D

Either way, I will be at as many C&C as I can attend, and if I'm in town for any other reason (don't forget, I'm in Toledo!), I'd be happy to get together.

Cheers,

Tony

25. carguy98

carguy98 Formula 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I have another suggestion for a location. What about Caribou Coffee at LaPlace in Beachwood (next to Beachwood Place)?

--Grant