The Ravenwood Castle Run, Oct 27th! | FerrariChat

The Ravenwood Castle Run, Oct 27th!

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by RedFlyer512TR, Sep 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedFlyer512TR

RedFlyer512TR Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    #1 RedFlyer512TR, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    All cars are welcome,

Join the Ferrari Club for the end of season drive in the Hocking Hills as we tour the countryside! You can expect sweeping left hand turns followed by sweeping right turns that plunge your Ferrari downhill towards more banking turns! Enjoy fast roads that become more like roller coasters. The fall leaves will be in full color as you enjoy clean natural breezes with your windows rolled down. As you drive through shady lanes and twisting roads you’ll enjoy the sun as it tries to shine through the trees as more shadow and shine cascade across your windshield.

You’ll enjoy the drive as we accelerate uphill to more banked turns and winding roads through the forest. The downhill slopes give you great views of cliffs and wooded gorges as you begin to decelerate, blipping the throttle to enjoy that engine music. Although our year is winding down, you can expect this drive to wind you up, reminding you of all the reasons why you dreamed of owning your own Cavallino!

This drive will lead us to the Ravenwood Castle! This castle is hidden off the beaten path at the end of it’s own country road. This path opens up to reveal the castle courtyard and the large fortified entrance. Inside you will enjoy medieval décor as we enter the great dining hall with tours of the guest suites and discover the castle’s pub with it’s own stone work fire place! Once everyone is settled we will enjoy a wonderful buffet prepared by Ravenwoods’ own chef. Cost is $25 Please bring your camera to capture images of your favorite Ferraris arranged on display in front of this castle. If you have your GoPro video cameras mounted on your car you will be sure to enjoy the exciting drive movies later in the season.

This drive will take place on Sunday, October 27th. We will meet at the Kroger parking lot behind Bob Evans which is West of SR33 in Canal Winchester. Take SR33 South of I-270, exit to SR 672 which is Gender Rd. Make a right at the ramp followed by another right turn into the large Kroger parking lot area. Just cruise around a little and you will see exotic cars parked in the spaces behind the fueling pump area as we wait for more people to arrive. Begin arriving at 1PM, expecting to depart at 1:30PM.

All cars are welcome and encouraged!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    This sounds like a blast.

We've been wanting to get the Datsun over to Hocking Hills for years.

3. Ravenwood

Ravenwood Rookie

Sep 21, 2013
    Hey guys, this is Jim Reed, the owner of Ravenwood Castle. I just found this thread this morning when it popped up on my Google Alerts. It sounds like a great time, and we'd love to have you visit us at Ravenwood!

I did want to clarify one thing though. Unfortunately with this being on a Sunday, we will be unable to serve alcohol in the Raven's Roost Pub or with dinner. The Pub will be open and you're welcome to enjoy one of our specialty soft drinks or other beverages, but as much as I'd like to serve you one of our craft brews, our license does not allow us to serve on Sunday.

We look forward to seeing you guys on the 27th!

4. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    This sounds like such a cool ride!!!! Once the Merak SS gets all the finishing touches, if you all do this next year, my wife and I can join you folks.

If anyone makes it down Atlanta, Georgia way, we have some very interesting driving routes in the North Georgia mountains that are truly phenominal.

Ciao,
    George

5. OH599

OH599 Karting

Sep 30, 2013
    Count me in with my 599

6. RedFlyer512TR

Dec 13, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Glad to hear from everyone! The drive is coming up soon! I'm very excited, please spread the word.

7. moaprnav

moaprnav Rookie

Oct 9, 2013
    Hey all, heard about the cruise during last week's Columbus Cars and Coffee and wanted to chime in. We're just a lowly Viper owner but sounds like a good time. Count us in!

8. The Die

The Die Rookie

Aug 30, 2013
    Powell, OH
    Full Name:
    Greg Ledet
    I'm the guy that told you about it. Can't wait to see you guys!

9. The Die

The Die Rookie

Aug 30, 2013
    Powell, OH
    Full Name:
    Greg Ledet
    BTW, the address to Bob Evans is: 6085 Gender Road, Canal Winchester, OH 43110 if you want to add it to your GPS. Ravenwood Castle is 65666 Bethel Rd., New Plymouth, OH 45654

10. RedFlyer512TR

Dec 13, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    #10 RedFlyer512TR, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Chippy

Chippy Rookie

Oct 11, 2009
    Weather looks awesome for today! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

12. RedFlyer512TR

Dec 13, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    We had a picture perfect day for the end of the driving season! One by one the drivers showed up at the rally point and parked next to all the other enthusiasts in the lot.

We stepped out of our vehicles and enjoyed meeting one another and admiring all the fine sports cars. The temperature was moderate which allowed for open top driving for those with Spiders! Every day in life should be this good! This drive was open to all kinds of great sports cars. In attendance were several Ferraris, a Viper, a red Lotus, a Challenger and a couple GTR's. There were Porsches, BMW's and a black sporty Mercedes. I was pleased to see another 512TR join the group! There was a 458 Italia Spider in black, a 360 Spider in red, a 360 in yellow, a 412 in gold, a 328 in red, a Dino in red and a 599 GTB in Rosso-Mugello.

As we departed the first rally point we had to get past a series of traffic lights before being able to caravan on the highway. As the leader I kept the speeds low to allow
    everyone to catch up. Once everyone was accounted for on the road, our caravan of dreams stretched for a mile. The sight of all these colorful and powerful sports cars
    following behind me was amazing. I enjoyed watching them in my rear view mirror as I began driving an uphill turn in the road. Before starting our run through the hills, we
    once again gathered together to get ready for an hour and a half drive through some very twisty roads with banked curves and high speed turns and hills. My friend in my BMW
    850 drove last in the caravan and kept me informed once everyone was on the highway. When leaving the second rally point, he had to block the road to allow all the cars to
    follow each other without local cars getting in between us.

As we began to drive, I got up to a speed as fast as the roads would allow. When beginning the next section of the drive, no slower traffic was in front of me. After making a
    left turn we drove uphill like a shot and the echoes of exhaust music could be heard echoing in the ravines and wooded hills. The sun was shining through the trees, the
    leaves were a beautiful Autumn color and blowing all around the roads as we sped by. It really is special to see these great cars being driven as intended! Many of the roads
    had quick little hills that put your stomach in your throat, then force you deep into your seats just as quickly. Over and over these hills challenged you to keep on the
    throttle, through banked turns, flat S's and steep downhill runs that resemble roller coasters. These roads don't allow you to get calm. There are many places of white
    knuckle driving where you feel like your driving at your own personal limit while being aware that the car has much more to give. Times like these will be remembered in the
    Winter by those brave enough to push themselves to the limit in the Fall during our Ravenwood Castle Run!

Once at Ravenwood Castle, we arranged the cars under the trees and around the entrance. When walking in to the castle, we immediately noticed the wonderful smells of freshly cooked food awaiting us! The staff at Ravenwood had prepared a dinner that provided many tasty choices. There was a salad bar and a desert bar with pumpkin cheesecake that is my favorite! Once we were gathered in the dining hall, everyone was having a great time socializing and enjoying the buffet. All the drivers really enjoyed themselves and everyone agreed to put the Ravenwood Castle Run on the schedule next year!

13. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Great pictures guys, very cool!

Chris

14. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004