Cinci high end car cruise and lunch Oct 26 | FerrariChat

Cinci high end car cruise and lunch Oct 26

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Webby, Oct 22, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    #1 Webby, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    Midwest SCC is hosting a cruise and lunch through some of the nice back roads of Cincinnati

Saturday, Oct 26th

Meet just north of Kings Island, at 48 Bypass and I-71 at Target parking lot with Starbucks inside, meet 9:30am leave at 10:00am.

Route is northbound kind of paralleling I -71 through some fun country roads to the outlet mall near I-71 and Washington Courthouse.

There is a barbecue place with a nice room in the back for a group lunch. Lunch from 12-1 then proceed West towards Xenia, hit the tunnel near Greene County Airport and then loop South through Warren county, skirting Ceasar's Creek into Oregonia and back towards starting point.

Anticipate finish by about 3:30pm. People can/may desire to peel off to go home as needed based on their own needs.

So far we have 11 cars attending. Here are some pictures from previous cruises
    MWSCC - Ohio - Midwest Sports Car Club

Really great group of people, nice cars, and fun roads. RSVP to this thread!

2. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    I'm in. Thanks for organizing this, I've been too busy all summer to do much but work. Looks dry and cool for this Saturday!

3. OH599

OH599 Karting

Sep 30, 2013
    #3 OH599, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Of course!! :) Everybody's welcome - a few of the cars are driving over from Indianapolis. Gorgeous 599!

5. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Andrew,
    I really wish that I could make it. Unfortunately, Saturday mornings for me are filled with activities for my kids...
    Have a fun and safe time!

6. RedFlyer512TR

RedFlyer512TR Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Hi, count me in with a friend!

7. OH599

OH599 Karting

Sep 30, 2013
    Tim - want to drive together from Columbus? I live in Dublin but could meet somewhere along 71.

8. TC94

TC94 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 23, 2005
    TN
    My son and I will join you in my 458. We're spending the WE doing college tours and finishing up at the Bengals game Sunday. Sounds like a perfect way to spend our Saturday.

PM also sent.

9. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Glad to have you all! Now I really regret not being able to come.

10. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Tim,
    I noticed in the USGP thread that you're driving your 512 to Austin, Tx in Nov. Kudos in advance for the adventure!

See you all tomorrow. My 308 GTB is burried in the garage behind other projects, and the supercharger is off for rebuild; but with all these other Ferraris coming, I might have to stay up all night and get her out. Otherwise we'll be driving Mrs SMS' black Abarth turbo.

Sounds like about 15 cars so far.

11. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    Bill, no Maserati?

Sounds like a great drive guys, have fun!

12. TiGumz

TiGumz Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2005
    Ohio
    Looks like good weather for the weekend. If anybody has any specific questions PM me.
    Specific course route will be given on site. Given the number of cars, those of you that have radios are urged to bring them as there are just a few spot(s) on the route where I temporarily lost a few people a couple of months ago...

For lunch headcount I am going to assume 2 people/car.

13. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    #13 SMS, Oct 25, 2013
    Thanks TiGumz

I was driving from Cleveland to southern Indiana yesterday and pulled off at the listed rendezvous location to see where I was going and to check it out. The window under the Target logo is the Starbucks, so it's easy to watch the lot if you arrive early or get cold.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Doug R

Doug R Karting

Oct 11, 2005
    Yellow Springs Ohio
    I plan to be there in my vintage Maserati. Look forward to meeting some new folks, cruising some rural roads. Chomping some good BBQ.
    Doug R

15. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
  16. c-osu7

c-osu7 Karting

May 28, 2013
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Christian
    One of my friends whose a car spotter/photographer in the area might have went to take pics! Not sure yet but if he did I'll find a way to show you guys the shots! What incident?!? Hopefully everyone is ok!

17. RedFlyer512TR

RedFlyer512TR Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    #17 RedFlyer512TR, Oct 26, 2013
    Hello All,

It was great fun to be there and meet everyone! After leaving the Werner's BBQ, the gray Porsche was seen spinning out and tromping into the weeds by the intersection of I71. The car appeared undamaged with no injuries, but was stuck. The first part of the drive was cold, sunny and awesome. I drove behind the white 458 and enjoyed seeing the car drive on the twisty roads with leaves kicking up behind the exhaust. The trees were colorful and the exhaust notes from the cars were enjoyable. My rear view mirror showed me being followed by the Rosso-Mugello 599 GTB and the black '77 308 GTB. It was a great sight being in the middle of a collection of Ferraris during the drive.

It was very nice to meet everyone and become more familiar with those here on FChat!

18. TC94

TC94 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 23, 2005
    TN
    It was a great drive and a fun day. Nice mix of cars. Those photos are great, Tim. It was fun running with you. I'll take a look at my photos and videos when we get back in town Monday.

Rumor has it there's a video of me going through the tunnel in my 458. If anyone knows who took it, I'd love to get it emailed to me.

19. OH599

OH599 Karting

Sep 30, 2013
    #19 OH599, Oct 26, 2013
  20. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    I need to start checking Fchat more :(

21. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Nice artsy photos RedFlyer! Thanks and it was great to meet you all.

22. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Another drive & lunch is planned for this Saturday, June 14

Meet at Cinci Cars & Coffee:
    2726 Riverside Dr Cincinnati, OH 45202

Following cars & coffee we will drive north through some amazing back roads, and stop for lunch.

The drive will start mid-morning but we're not really sure when. Best to get there before 10 am to be safe.

Hope to see you there!

23. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Bump. If you're going, look for the guy with the blue 360 Modena or black Stradale