Wheel repair | FerrariChat

Wheel repair

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by RickLederman, Sep 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    Today I picked three repaired wheels for my FF, all three front right, all had outside lip bends bad, one had a crack that someone else tried to repair and it cracked again. WeldcraftWheels in Lavonia repaired them and they look GREAT. They only need repainting in small areas. Thanks to Jeff for pointing out Weldcraft Wheels Wheel Widening Wheel Repairs Wheel Restoration to me! Now I have a renewed supply of front rights for the potholes this winter!

2. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski
    Gald it worked out for you Rick!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

3. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Maybe we talked about this before, but it is curious that you had 3 failures on the right front. May make sense because the front wheel is the first to impact and the right-hand lane often has more debris than the left, but still it is statistically unlikely.

4. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
    Thanks for the post, Rick. I was looking for a good wheel shop and this company was recommended to me. Glad to hear from a happy customer.

5. Bevo

Bevo Karting

Feb 2, 2005
    columbus ohio
    Full Name:
    jack babbitt
    Wheel Medic here in Columbus is tops,been using them for years,really understand the process old and modern alike

6. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I will have to find out who in Columbus did the repair on one of the wheels. Their crack repair re-broke the first time I put a tire on it. Whoever it was did a crap job.

Once painted I will post photos of before, after repair, after paint.

Statistics Vince? :D I don't see the word 'fact' anywhere in the word 'statistics' :D. And thanks again for helping me remember who first pointed out this repair shop!