New T Cab Owner Advice | FerrariChat

New T Cab Owner Advice

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Bshortie, Dec 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bshortie

Bshortie Rookie

Nov 22, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Brian Short
    Just bought a 91 T from Gary Bobileff posted on the forum. Sounds like it has been very well maintained by him for 19 years or so. It comes next Monday; it's our first Ferrari. We haven't chosen a shop yet. Any recommendations for a first time owner? We are on the far east side of Columbus, Newark area. It sounds like we should get a clear shield on the front and our dust cover comes next week Any shop recommendations in the Cbus area and recommendations of accessories or maintenance we should buy/do? Major was 2 yrs ago and annual and tires down last week. I think we are going to change it from the 3 to a 5 year interval. I think that is safe, and probably still overkill. We will be driving it every weekend for 7 months or so. Probably around 3000 miles per year. Thanks for any advice you can throw our way. I have already learned much from the forums. Thank you to those of you that continue to post. Your real world experience is invaluable to all of us newbies.

2. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Brian,

Welcome. I'd recommend NJB Automotive - Jack Babbitt. Tell him Raj recommended you. I take my 360 there and I have been pleased with the relationship.

Jack owns a Testarossa himself, so he and his crew are pretty familiar with this particular model.

Also, consider joining the Ferrari Club of America. Our Ohio Chapter is VERY active, and many of our local members have TR's so they can provide you with some additional insight. PM me if you want more info. Congrats on the car, and good luck!

3. Brian420

Brian420 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2009
    Suburb of Detroit
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Hi Brian, Do you mean a Mondial T? If so, welcome to the club. I have a 3.2. Ask anything you'd like. Jump over to the Mondial section for specific questions about the T. There's lots of knowledgeable folks there. Feel free to send me a pm as well.

Regards,
    Brian

4. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    My bad - I misunderstood the designation of "T" :)

5. Bshortie

Bshortie Rookie

Nov 22, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Brian Short
    Sorry, 1991 Mondial T Cabriolet. I was thinking I was in the Mondial threads, not the regional one. Thanks Raj. I have NJB on my list to check out. I have seen positive postings about them, and I like they can detail it there too during the annual servicing.