Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA West > North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)

Reply
 
Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Karting
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I-town
Full Name: Badda-Boom
Posts: 129
Cool Known Exotics in Iowa

Here are some of the exotic cars i know are in Iowa

yellow 512TR seen in the Hobby Haven parking lot ( Polk plates said "mag", or "magnum" i cant really remember)
red 308 GTSI in West Des Moines (Polk plates)
orange Diablo ( seen 2 times, owner lives near Clive?)
dark green Bentley Arnage Red Label ( seen at a Hawkeye game)


more Exotics cars that i 'heard' are in iowa

red F430 Spider
Rolls Royce Phantom
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #2  
Old 04-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 135
I heard there was a CLK-GTR on the Min./IA border from car-parazzi.com?
not sure how accurate this is....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Full Name: Ben
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTech View Post
I heard there was a CLK-GTR on the Min./IA border from car-parazzi.com?
not sure how accurate this is....
Knowing the guy who posted it, I'm guessing it's innacurate.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-20-2009, 01:30 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: indeterminate
Full Name: David
Posts: 5,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rytt View Post
Here are some of the exotic cars i know are in Iowa

yellow 512TR seen in the Hobby Haven parking lot ( Polk plates said "mag", or "magnum" i cant really remember)
red 308 GTSI in West Des Moines (Polk plates)
orange Diablo ( seen 2 times, owner lives near Clive?)
dark green Bentley Arnage Red Label ( seen at a Hawkeye game)


more Exotics cars that i 'heard' are in iowa

red F430 Spider
Rolls Royce Phantom
There are quite a few more than that (wink, wink) --- in the Des Moines area alone. I'm temporarily stuck here in Des Moines for a little while, and I've got (3) of my cars along to keep me company . Plus, and simply among the people I know personally, you can add the following to your "known" list:

308 GTSi - Black
355 GTB - Silver
Lotus Esprit V8 - Silver
550 Maranello - Red
550 Maranello - Silver
(2X) TR - Red
Lambo Diablo - Violet, aka Purple
Mosler - Blue
(2X) 430 Spider - Red
Maser Coupe - Blue
Maser Q-Porte - Silver
Maser Gran Turismo - Black
Aston Martin DB9 - Silver

Last edited by finnerty; 04-20-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Richfield, MN
Full Name: Jamie
Posts: 171
finnerty, do you personally know the guy with the violet/purple diablo?

this years Wheels of Italy car show in minneapolis NEEDS more lambos.... PLEASE tell him to bring it up here...

shade
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Formula 3
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Michigan
Full Name: Chris
Posts: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnerty View Post
There are quite a few more than that (wink, wink) --- in the Des Moines area alone. I'm temporarily stuck here in Des Moines for a little while, and I've got (3) of my cars along to keep me company . Plus, and simply among the people I know personally, you can add the following to your "known" list:

308 GTSi - Black
355 GTB - Silver
Lotus Esprit V8 - Silver
550 Maranello - Red
550 Maranello - Silver
(2X) TR - Red
Lambo Diablo - Violet, aka Purple
Mosler - Blue
(2X) 430 Spider - Red
Maser Coupe - Blue
Maser Q-Porte - Silver
Maser Gran Turismo - Black
Aston Martin DB9 - Silver
May I ask which ones are yours?

Chris
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-20-2009, 07:46 PM
2NA's Avatar
2NA 2NA is offline
F1 World Champ
Consultant
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Twin Cities
Full Name: Tim Keseluk
Posts: 15,734
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by laudaman View Post
May I ask which ones are yours?

Chris
ROFL!!
__________________
"The first rule of the game is to stay in the game"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-20-2009, 09:20 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: indeterminate
Full Name: David
Posts: 5,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by laudaman View Post
May I ask which ones are yours?

Chris

Sure, you can always "ask"

Actually, none of my cars are on that list. But, if you see someone driving around Des Moines with Colorado plates ----- odds are that would be one of mine
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #9  
Old 04-21-2009, 01:57 AM
darth550's Avatar
Five Time F1 World Champ
Lifetime Rossa
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: at 11
Full Name: dOTUS
Posts: 50,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rytt View Post
Exotics in Iowa
Isn't that an oxymoron?
__________________
"Don't make me assume my ultimate form!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-21-2009, 08:38 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: indeterminate
Full Name: David
Posts: 5,764
Actually, some bovine are quite unique....
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-21-2009, 09:01 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: indeterminate
Full Name: David
Posts: 5,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeone View Post
finnerty, do you personally know the guy with the violet/purple diablo?

this years Wheels of Italy car show in minneapolis NEEDS more lambos.... PLEASE tell him to bring it up here...

shade
The gentleman is a 'friend of a friend', so I'll pass that along. But, that car hardly ever gets driven ---- shame.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Richfield, MN
Full Name: Jamie
Posts: 171
Tell him I'll pay him to come down and drive it up or him! hahah

anyways, chalk another one up to the list... green lotus esprit v8:
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9583/img4888hb1.jpg

shade
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 665
I know of a few in Clinton: Murci, Diablo, F430, SLR, Gallardo, and a Maybach among them.

Last edited by Blown Z; 04-21-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Formula 3
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Michigan
Full Name: Chris
Posts: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NA View Post
ROFL!!
Why was that so funny?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-21-2009, 06:58 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: indeterminate
Full Name: David
Posts: 5,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by laudaman View Post
Why was that so funny?
Yeah, that one went over my head too...?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Karting
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 89
Red Ferrari Testarossa
Maroon Maserati Quattroporte
Red Ford GT
Ferrari F430 spyder w/ black rims--sweetest car i have seen
Black Aston Martin DB9
Rumored: Ferrari Enzo in WDM
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #17  
Old 04-21-2009, 07:49 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: indeterminate
Full Name: David
Posts: 5,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusser3r View Post

Rumored: Ferrari Enzo in WDM
Bad rumour ----- there is NO way.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Rookie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
I know of a few in Clinton: Murci, Diablo, F430, SLR, Gallardo, and a Maybach among them.
Really? Wow, wouldn't have expected that.

Saw a orange Lotus Elise when driving on the interstate by Cedar Rapids a while back.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Rookie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 45
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnerty View Post
Bad rumour ----- there is NO way.
No way eh? What color? hehe
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo1267 View Post
Really? Wow, wouldn't have expected that.

Saw a orange Lotus Elise when driving on the interstate by Cedar Rapids a while back.
I was shocked as well when I saw them in Clinton! I believe they're owned by 2 doctors that own a surgical center.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.


FerrariChat.com has no association with Ferrari S.p.A.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.