Fighting Cabin Fever | FerrariChat

Fighting Cabin Fever

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by MNExotics, Feb 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    I Went and visited 2NA yesterday and it really triggered my cabin fever. I really want to get out and play with my cars and and hang out with the regular crowd again. The current rumor is that we have another large batch of snow coming with all the salt and sand that come with it.

What are you guys in the area doing to fight cabin fever?

2. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    My car is in the shop for a major this winter. I went and visited it last week, now I'm in the same boat as you. When is spring arriving?!? LOL

Last weekend there was a big custom auto show here, I went to that and it helped a little with the cabin fever but it also really fanned the flames of spring fever. 6+ weeks to go before the cars can come out.

3. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    A pleasant surprise seeing you yesterday Ben. Winter is keeping everyone cooped-up.

4. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Well, the Daytona 500 is Sunday....the 1st hour and the last half hour are worth checking in on....can Princess Sparkle Pony win(says Turbopanzer)?

The Twin cities car show is coming up.....and I bet you could find a little ice racing in N WI if you wanted.

5. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    LOL!

It would be fun if she did. I know she's kind of a PITA but it doesn't really matter to me. She's nice to look at and having a girl win would shake some things up a bit. A long shot though.

6. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    Jeff- heading to the Chicago world of wheels?

Keeping myself busy by ramping up for the karting season. AIM (MyChron) telemetry data seminar last weekend; orderd a new driving suit yesterday; the karts frame should be back from powdercoat Fri. Next week its gets the brakes rebuilt and then seat fitting following that.

The red car is still under wraps till the roads are good. Before then, I'll be sending its rear springs to Eibach soon for dyno testing and putting in new front adj struts.

Winter is season of pumping $ into the vehicles... just not the gas!

7. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    Never going to happen. Them good ol' boys won't be beat by a girl on their holiest holliday. If she comes close someone will take her out.

I ordered a few more parts for the 66 Lincoln today. My goal is still to have completed by Miura's first b-day.

8. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    No, I went to the Milwaukee WoW last weekend, that was my first day off work since Christmas. I have too much to do to take off another day. I have several big projects due over the next few weeks and months. Hopefully that will make summer's workload nice and light.

Wanna come with Badger Bimmers to Kelly-Moss Motorsports in Madison on March 16th? Brief board meeting and then lunch and a tour of their facilities?

9. augustxke

augustxke Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    MN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    My medicine is, a couple weeks in Hawaii reading F-chat. Cant wait to drive the scud.

10. Heat Seeker WS6

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    I'll have to DVR the 12 hours of Sebring then, but I'd like to join in. Its been a while since being to KM. We should knock on Level 5's front door while we're in the area.

11. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Let me know if you are coming along for sure, I have to let them know how many will be there for lunch.

Saturday, March 16, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm

12. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
  13. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Just tell them to bring a shovel!

14. UncleRay

UncleRay Karting

Dec 28, 2009
    Hastings, Minn.
    Making a road trip with the wife. Home to Kansas City to Memphis to Nashville to St. Louis and then back home. I'll put a shovel and a bag of sand in the trunk. Plan on using a rental car. The fuel savings over my truck or her SUV will pay for over half the rental and keeps the wear and tear off ours. Rest of family stays home.

15. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    Der diary
    today my fever is at a high intensity. The most recent snowfall has also added several tons of salt and sand on our roads which unfortunately means a longer clean up period. I have not seen my beloved Ferrari since November and I have lost the ability remember the feeling of the leather interior.

In a possible sign of hope that things will eventually improve I spotted a skunk today. The neighbors dog expressed its enthusiasm by going and getting sprayed by the skunk. Perhaps the skunk was out because it was not right in the head but I am trying to hold out hope that frozen torture will end.

16. Heat Seeker WS6

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    New racing suit came in the other day and I find myself frequently putting it on. Working on a sponsorship proposal with a company out of CA- fingers crossed!

17. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    It'll keep you warm shoveling the f'ing snow. ;)

18. pmichaelg

pmichaelg Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Woo hoo - I just scraped a whole bunch of ice off of our walkway over lunch.

But hey!! At least that means it is melting!!

Hang in there - it FEELS like spring out there!!!

19. UncleRay

UncleRay Karting

Dec 28, 2009
    Hastings, Minn.
    56, 55, 54, 53, 52 more days till the car and the summer toys come out of storage.

20. Heat Seeker WS6

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    Official as of yesterday, acquired K1 Race Gear out of CA as a racing sponsor and they also granted me dealer status! Now... back to getting the wheels ready to hit the tarmack!

21. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    At least I'm not the only one fighting this and wishing for Spring. This last snow fall and seeing nothing more than 32-34 degrees for highs for the next 6 days doesn't help. If I complain about Summer being to hot or humid when it finally gets here just kick me in the balls.

22. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    #22 MNExotics, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A co-worker sent me a pic he found on the internet today. Kinda weird when a pic of your car shows up from a random location. I think I will go visit my car this weekend.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Not bad next to a million $ Packard. :D

24. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    I know ussually I try to park next to better cars and try not to be slumming it like that.

25. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    Today I got a slight break in the fever in that I installed the door locks and release mechanisms in my Continental and hopefully will have the vacuum lines run tomorrow. I also re-keyed the rear remote switch for the top.

The wife informs me that we are expecting 8-12" more inces of snow. DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN