Exotics in Decatur IL | FerrariChat

Exotics in Decatur IL

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by FordMan, Aug 27, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    I would just like to get a list started of exotics that people know of in Decatur or have seen there before, thanks!

2. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Youd be hard pressed to find anything nice like a porsche 911 let alone exotic in a place like
    Decatur. Ive lived there before and know the area well.

3. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Yes I live in Decatur and theres a 458 spider, and a few other ferraris here, my neighbor has a bentley continental gt and 3 rolls royces; silver spur silver serapoh and corniche convertible that has never had the top down. A guy here who used to own a yellow superleggera that I got a ride in recently traded it in on a White Maserati Grancabrio and a 2012 Porsche Carrera S convertible. I also know a guy who has a yellow Ford GT with no stripes (in 2005 they only made 28 without stripes, 8 of which were yellow and he owns the only yellow one with no stripes they made with black calipers so its basically a one off car) and he knows the other 3 GT owners in town, white/blue, grey/black, and silver/black. Supposedly there are a few other Lambo's in town though but I've only ever seen a red diablo, but one of my buddys grandparents own a local busines here and they have a Continental Speed Convertible, Rapide, and recently aquired a Ghost. I've been wanting to organize an exotic car event myself here in town since I know most of the owners but haven't done it yet

4. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    I wasn't sure how to forward this, but this was just posted, so I guess there are more exotics in Decatur then people think, you just have to get in the nicer parts of town.

5. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    Copy and pasted mine haha, but Ive been seeing the guy with the Yellow and black Hennessy 700 Vette lately today. And I did see a black on black Grancabrio the other day by walmart

6. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    My buddy said he tried racing a red F430 coupe the other day up 51, but it didnt turn out well lol

7. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Haha that's awesome! I haven't been over to Decatur in awhile, I need to get back over there to see all the cars that are out and work lol

Whenever I drive through a nice neighborhood I'm like it should just be come courtesy for people to leave their garages open for people to see their cars

8. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    Haha i completely agree, but it seems most people with huge houses around here have Toyotas and Tahoes... I dont know why...

9. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    That is so true, the Prius driving tree huggers are the ones with multimillion dollar homes. Saving the environment are you? Saw a Maserati in Springfield today, but nothing that exciting lately

10. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    BANNED Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    I believe Dyke is in Decatur. One of the early presidents of the FCA and acknowledged Ferrari expect. Seems to have a particular affinity to Lampredi V12s.

Jeff

11. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    Does he happen to have a warehouse a little out of town that he works on old Ferraris at?

12. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    BANNED Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Can't say; never been there. But he does work on old Ferraris.

Jeff

13. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    Thats interesting cause I had someone tell me once about a guy who lived here that worked on old Ferraris

14. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Saw a red Ferrari F430 spider today on south Main Street!

15. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    #15 FordMan, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    he traded a 599 for that car

17. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Nice, I like what he he got, now if only he would trade for an F12...
    Also found out I know of the guy who has the black on black Maserati convertible

18. Rojo

Rojo Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2009
    Stillwater
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'm jealous of the roomy parking spaces.