I'm baaaaaack!!!! | FerrariChat

I'm baaaaaack!!!!

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Huskerbill, Dec 25, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    What was supposed to be an 18 month stint in Cali turned into 7 years! Had a lot of fun. Met some great people who will be life-long friends. Bought and sold a few fun cars along the way.

Missed Wisconsin though and everything that comes with living in this state. Good people here for sure. Better place to raise my 3 young ones. Can't wait to get together with you all for C&C, drives, etc. We are in Oconomowoc. Let me know when the next event is and Ill be there (like before!).

:)

2. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    What I'm wondering right now is "Who, of my old Wisconsin/Iowa/MN/IL car group is still around on FChat?" 7 years is a long time. I know a few of you are......

3. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I joined fchat 7 years ago but don't think we've ever met.

Lots of car stuff goes on in SE WI - in the summer! Not much happening this time of year.

Welcome back to WI! I love living here. I lived in San Luis Obispo, CA (actually, Los Osos, which is near SLO) for a few years.

Jeff

4. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks Jeff! I spent a lot of time in SLO for work over the past two years. Beautiful driving down that way.

It will be great to meet you at an event sometime.

5. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    See you at Road America?

6. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    For sure.

7. group77racing

group77racing Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Often Imitated
    Full Name:
    Never Duplicated
    Welcome back, your giving up smooth pavement & sunny days for; pot-holes, endless road construction, 5 month driving season, frozen locks, salty streets and loads of rust? Only 5 more mnths until we can do C&C's. See ya then...

8. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Honestly, the roads are worse in Cali than ANYTHING here. You'd think with the great weather and lack of freeze/thaw, it would be like glass. Truth is, the state is BROKE and the roads (and schools) suffer the effects of neglect and underfunding. A year or so ago, a local guy was trying to sue the state for his wheel breaking beyond repair on his 430 after hitting a massive pothole on the Freeway. It's really bad and I noticed it immediately when I moved. When I have one of my fun cars out I am constantly watching the road to dodge potholes when Im on the freeway. I'd take a Wisconsin road in July than any road in Cali. Pacific Coast Highway is nice, no doubt, but I'm not sure its better than Hwy 67 in September. Quite a few roads west of Madison that I'd also trade straight up for PCH.

As soon as the salt is off the road, I'll have the Diablo out. It is a 12 month driving season as far as I'm concerned. Might only be a day or two where you can drive it in certain months but I did it with my Ferrari here before.

Excited to be back though!

9. Heat Seeker WS6

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    Lucky for you one of the best places in the area for taking care of wheels & cars when installing fresh tires is in your neighborhood. Big Bear on hwy 16 just west of downtown Oconomowoc

10. fskof

fskof Karting

Nov 23, 2005
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Welcome back to Wisconsin!!! but why did you return during Winter. You should have waited a few months and enjoyed Ca nice weather... lol

11. Davisvehicles

Davisvehicles Karting

Aug 10, 2013
    Brew City/Windy City
    Full Name:
    Ben Davis
    Nice!! I'll be looking forward to spotting your car out there and maybe see you at lake mills cars and coffee? Not to mention brew city cruise in. Welcome back!!

12. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Thanks for the plug :) I run Brew City Cruise Night, our 2014 schedule will be posted in a few weeks! Brew City Cruise Night Home Page

Lake Mills is nice, too. But soooo early in the morning to drive from the east side of Milwaukee, LOL. Not bad from Oconomowoc, though.

13. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Great to know! Thanks!

14. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Wanted to immerse myself in agony so I could appreciate my car more later! ;-)

15. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Ill be there for sure. I think an old car friend Scott (Minte on here) maybe started that Lake Mills C&C. True?

16. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Saw your webpage. Nice events!

17. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Possibly I will have another get together this coming summer. Carla has asked if I would consider doing one again and I'm possibly going to do it.

Exotic Car Gathering

The date on the web page was from one several years ago. My friend who did that web page forgot to add the year.

Rodney

18. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I remember seeing the pics from your event. Looked great and was REALLY well attended!

I understand that the event I had started a few years ago in Madison (I believe we had around 50 exotics that first year) at Quaker Steak and Lube is still being hosted by Leigh Bahr. Good times!

19. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I grew up in Oconomowoc. Welcome back.

20. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Sure is a great town. Has grown up a lot in 7 years. The whole Pabst Farms development has brought in some nice stores.

21. Davisvehicles

Davisvehicles Karting

Aug 10, 2013
    Brew City/Windy City
    Full Name:
    Ben Davis
    Nice!! I was there almost every week in the summer. Great show and a lot closer to me since i'm in Shorewood.

22. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    You ought to introduce yourself! I'm the guy who does the door prize giveaways.

23. Heat Seeker WS6

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    I hope to get out to more of the shows this summer Jeff! Working till 5 in New Berlin makes for a rough drive getting up there. However when going to quakersteak from work, my motor barely gets to operating temp Im that close to it.

24. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I know what you mean, I have the opposite situation. Getting to Mequon barely warms up the car but driving to Quaker Steak at 5 makes my blood boil and takes an hour.

2014 should be a good year for us, now after 2 years at Highland House we have a nice groove going, and rumor is that they are going to repave their parking lot in spring before the shows start.

25. Davisvehicles

Davisvehicles Karting

Aug 10, 2013
    Brew City/Windy City
    Full Name:
    Ben Davis
    Will do! I'm always in Mequon during Spring/Summer so if you ever pass through the intersection of Port Washington and Mequon, that's probably me or my friend taking a picture of your car haha.
    Also, I know you do an Italian car night so would the Fiat group I'm a part of be able to bring our cars to the show?