Seeking 87 Mondi Cab 4 sale previously in Ednia | FerrariChat

Seeking 87 Mondi Cab 4 sale previously in Ednia

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Meister, Mar 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Hey Guys,

I'm trying to track down an 87 Mondi Cab (red/tan) 44k miles that was listed for sale last summer and fall in Edina.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

2. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    There was one that was at a C&C event that I glanced at it a bit. the cars condition was not anywhere near the asking price. I took some pics and if I find them I will send them to you.

3. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    last summer the car was on some car sale site.. yahoo motors, cars.com or something. They had it listed for $21,5k Couldn't have been a pristine example, but for the right price things can be freshend up

4. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    You could find a 308 for that price. A much better return on your money.

5. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    I must have deleted the photos but I recall he was asking somewhere near 30k.
    Been awhile since I have seen a complete 308 at that price.

6. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Not necessarily the asking price on Ebay but they are out there.

7. m81b

m81b Karting

Oct 20, 2007
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I do remember that car. I went to the owners home in Edina in 2012 when he 1st posted it for sale. He later brought it to C&C as mentioned.

It was not in the best shape. There had clearly been a rear-end event. The panels were not strait, and there was a lot of binding when opening and shutting the rear hatch. Broken and glued pieces on side intake grates, broken interior pieces- the list goes on.

I looked at a near perfect red/tan 89 in Chicago last year (had to visit Forrest Lake and Continental while I was in town) that was around $35k for comparison.

This one might be a fun toy for the right price if you did not want to pursue the body and other cosmetic repair... assuming the mechanics checked out with our friend Tim.

You didn't miss out on a good car, or a good deal. My 2 cents.

8. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I sold my 308 in July after 14 years. Since then the search has been focussed on 348's and the occassional TR in need of TLC. But it turns out that moving forward I may need a Ferrari with more than 2 seats.... so the search shifts again.

It just never hurts to check out local cars. I'm not affraid of an orphan or project. I'd rather find a car with needs locally and at a discount to something I can't see in person (thats supposed to be great) only to have it shipped here and be dissapointed.

Thanks for the info

9. m81b

m81b Karting

Oct 20, 2007
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Looks like you are up in Duluth. I bet you check the all the same places I do, but if I ever see a 348 or a TR in the metro for sale (maybe at C&C) I'll let you know... although I would love a nice TR as well :)