Looking to do a Sunday afternoon free pizza get together | FerrariChat

Looking to do a Sunday afternoon free pizza get together

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Mera, Mar 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    There is a small Italian restaurant up the street from me in Oak Creek. It has a parking lot that would hold up to around 20 cars with plenty of space around them. It is on a corner with no foot traffic and no close neighbors etc. So there should be no locals barging in. Plenty would be driving by. I would put up private party signs to keep others out of the parking lot. They open at 4:00 on Sundays. So if I do this we can do it earlier in the day (2:00 - 3:00?) it would be considered a private party and we can only allow us in the parking lot. I would provide free pizza and free soda to all that show up in an exotic/very special car. Would last maybe a couple hours or so. Seems not much goes on the Milwaukee area during the summer so I'm looking to do something. Anyone interested? Corner of Ryan Road and Howell ave. Would be when the weather is nice. Some time in May? If I do another get together at my house it would be late summer/early fall.

Rodney Dickman

2. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I would be interested for sure. Count me in. If it's in May, maybe have a date in the books and a rain date the next week. May sucks for weather predictability.

I was all excited for a second and thought you were meaning THIS Sunday. I would have shown up for that too. Would have brought the Cayenne instead of the Diablo but I would have shown up. Ha!

3. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Also count me in for your summer gathering if you have it. Looks like a great time.

4. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Had dinner there last night. As always the quality of the food was exceptional. We have been to many of the top restaurants in the Milwaukee area and many times have been disappointed. As the weather gets nicer I'll see if there is enough interest to do this. They have an outer enclosed patio where we can all sit and eat and we can look out at the parking lot.

Rodney
    1990 348 TS

5. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I'd be interested but contrary to your assertion there is nothing to do in the summer it will be hard for me to find a free Sunday, I already have my summer almost completely booked from May through September!

My Tuesday night cruise nights at Highland House Mequon start May 6 (22 weekly shows May thru September)
    BMW Club E30 picnic Frame Park Waukesha May 10
    BMW Club car cleanup May 10 International Autos West Allis
    VSCDA Spring Vintage at Road America May 16-18
    BMW Club car show Jun 7 Concours BMW Glendale
    Big car show in Grafton Jun 22
    Northwoods Shelby track weekend at RA June 27-29
    Ferrari Challenge at RA July 11-13
    Brian Redman HAWK vintage racing at RA July 17-20. My Ferrari is entered for their Saturday evening concours in Elkhart Lake and lunchtime track session
    Big car show in Lannon Jul 27
    BMW Club track day at Blackhawk Farms Aug 4
    Tudor USCC at RA Aug 7-10
    Big car show in Waukesha Frame Park Aug 10
    All-Pontiac car show Aug 16 Quaker Steak New Berlin
    Milwaukee Masterpiece Aug 23-24
    Big car show in Butler Sept 7
    VSCDA Fall Vintage at Road America Sept 12-14
    BMW track weekend at RA Sept 26-28

And these are just the things I already know about - doesn't include miscellaneous cruise nights, smaller car shows, other possible track days, Lake Mills cars & Coffee, and trips to the dragstrip! If you can't find a car-related thing to do on almost every day of the summer here then you just aren't trying or you aren't as much fun as you think you are! LOL :)

6. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Nothing much as in exotic car gatherings etc. I know there are tons of car shows etc. I'm referring to us SE WI exotic car owners getting together as a group.

Rodney

7. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Ill be in bayview, wi from april-june so let me know the exact day and ill join.

8. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Well I'll do my part to change that this summer. Have three events I'm putting together right now. Add the Ferrari challenge, the Brian Redman, the Quaker Steak event, the Masterpiece and possibly your event and you've got a nice summer already.

9. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    I have had a multitude of show cars in my life. I've been to many many car shows with them. Years ago I threw out most all my trophies etc. I have little interest anymore in putting a car in car shows. I've had enough. Best I will do is stop at the drive-in down the street. Pull in and stay a while and leave when you feel like it. Also any gatherings etc for exotic/high end type cars. A few have told me my 88 Mera would be an excellent addition to the Milwaukee Masterpiece and I agree. I'm just not willing to be there all weekend nor leave it unattended.

This is why I have a Ferrari now. I've been there and done that and have moved up the ladder. :)

Rodney
    1990 348 TS

10. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Changed my mind. No longer interested. Thank you for the invite.

11. 04GCAR

04GCAR Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    Madison
    #11 04GCAR, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    Why is this turning into a schoolyard pi__ing match, thought it was all about getting together for fun and good car talk.

12. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    I'd love to join in to meet more enthusiasts & share 'real world' hands-on exotic experiences & enthusiasm, and yes I do have quite a few and firsthand in several Ferraris.

Problem is- is that I don't own an exotic or a 'special car' so I'm not sure if my T/A would qualify to join in on the fun? Would it being heavily modified, Magazine coverage, several Power Tours, Joel G drives, Tail of the Dragon driven and having over 5,000 clean miles at Road America be sufficient to qualify as special? ...I don't know- I'll let others judge and decide on that. As Jeff can attest to; my car is far more likely to be found on a track's tarmac than in a static car show but I'm always game for something new & meeting others.
    -John

13. gaspump

gaspump Karting
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2013
    SE indiana
    Full Name:
    bill
    Hell, that sounds like a car guy to me with a car to match.

14. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    That's blocks from my house, so I'm in with either the NSX or the Porsche. Insurance goes in affect May 1st for both of them.

15. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

Your car is an unworthy piece of junk.......

.........compared to a 1957 Ferrari Testarossa!! Since mine is too, we should park next to each other at the next event in case one shows up. Safety in numbers friend!! ;-)

All jokes aside, of course your car is welcome. If you like your car and are prepared to tell us all why you got it, specs, what's cool about it, we are certainly interested in seeing and hearing about it. Please join us. At least at the events I put together.

16. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    I laughed out loud reading the first line- great stuff! Looking forward to meeting everyone once we get some sort of favorable weather... and hopefully gets here soon

17. benjammin308

benjammin308 Rookie

Apr 8, 2005
    Racine, WI
    I'm in. I drive past there all the time.