Recommendations for a shop/mechanic in NW Chicago suburbs | FerrariChat

Recommendations for a shop/mechanic in NW Chicago suburbs

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Noah_AMF, Jun 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Noah_AMF

Noah_AMF Karting

Nov 9, 2013
    Chicago suburbs
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Sorry to say that my 308GT4 has been collecting dust since the beginning of the month when I discovered that one of my cam belts is coming apart. Here's the post on it:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/308-328/449420-metal-fibers-right-side-308gt4-engine.html

I would like to find an independent shop that can change the belts and check out the car so could use some help from my fellow Fchatters to find someone. I'm in the northwest suburbs of Chicago (Barrington).

I've checked with Continental (charges $4,500), Autosprint (charges $3,500) and Lake Forest Motorsports won't call me back. Everyone says they can't get the car in for 3-4 weeks.

Can anyone recommend a shop nearby? Perhaps just over the boarder in WI could work too. Thanks!

2. sagekilz

sagekilz Karting

Aug 21, 2008
    Bensenville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Sus
    Continental AutoSports
    420 E. Ogden Ave
    Hinsdale, IL 60521

Ask for Gary, Scott or Taylor in Service.

3. 328Stuts

328Stuts Karting

Aug 17, 2013
    TN
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I used Al at GT Motorsports in Pewaukee Wi, he did a phenomenal job on my 328 and would go back in a heartbeat, he has a 308 of his own, and the shop is impressive...He knows what hes doing