Anyone going to Ferrari Challenge this weekend? | FerrariChat

Anyone going to Ferrari Challenge this weekend?

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Jeff328, Jul 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Ferrari Challenge at Road America, Friday, July 11 through Sunday July 13.

Anyone going? I might go on Friday and will certainly go on Saturday unless it is steadily raining.

2. Jaybird

Jaybird Karting

Jul 7, 2011
    Southeast Iowa
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I am planning on going Saturday with my brother and then heading back up next weekend for the Brian Redman races. Ive never been to a challenge race yet. Do they basically run the same race format on all three days?

3. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I've never been to a challenge race, either. I have no idea what they do but it's only a 40 minute drive to Road America from my house so figure I may as well go see what it's all about.

I'll be there for all 4 days of the Redman and will have my 328 in the sports car concours on Saturday evening in downtown Elkhart Lake.

4. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    Slight chance of going Saturday Jeff. Sunday is out- we're going to the St Dominics Car Show

5. challenger1150

Jan 26, 2013
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Im going on Sunday.whats the weather look like?

6. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Weather forecast for Friday looks OK, Saturday looks like rain (60%+ chance), Sunday is St. Dominic's car show. Sunday weather current forecast is 30% chance of rain.

So now it looks like I might go up to Road America on Friday for a while, instead of Saturday.

7. andy6789

andy6789 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Milwaukee Wi
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Just talked to Road America and the Ferrari Challenge is only open to the public on Saturday and Sunday.

8. challenger1150

Jan 26, 2013
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thanks for the forcast. Im near chicago and there calling for rain saturday and sunday.

9. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Pretty sure they have a special parking place for Ferrari's this weekend. Seems I saw that in my FNA email update sometime last week.

I may go on Saturday, weather permitting.

10. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Oh well, guess I won't be going at all then unless the weather is really nice on Saturday. Thanks for the info. I would have been, umm, upset, if I would have driven up there and been turned away.

11. andy6789

andy6789 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Milwaukee Wi
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Yea I was hoping to go Friday as well with the weather forecast, Hopefully it changes for the better.

12. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I'm going Sunday morning with my buddy. We prob aren't bringing our cars as we are taking our sons and have to start cleaning our cars for the Brian Redman up there the following week.

13. Heat Seeker WS6

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    Yesterday I got called upon by one of the drivers for track assistance so I'll be heading up later today. Looks like now I will be finding time Sat as well to make it up there :)

14. Davisvehicles

Davisvehicles Karting

Aug 10, 2013
    Brew City/Windy City
    Full Name:
    Ben Davis
    Won't be going to the challenge, but is anyone going to the HAWK concours the following weekend?

15. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    My 328 is entered in the Saturday sports car concours. I plan to be at the HAWK all 4 days, weather permitting.

16. Jaybird

Jaybird Karting

Jul 7, 2011
    Southeast Iowa
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'm gonna leave the Ferrari at home and go to the Hawk Friday through Sunday in my Carrera 3.2 . Haven't taken it anywhere yet and figured a 5 hour drive one way will be a good test.

17. Heat Seeker WS6

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    #17 Heat Seeker WS6, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just about to leave RA for the day and you guys are in for a treat this weekend! Will be back up tomorrow with Andrea and a few others. Here's a sneak peak!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Jaybird

Jaybird Karting

Jul 7, 2011
    Southeast Iowa
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Drove in torrential rain from Southeast Iowa until about an hour from the track. Looked threatening all day but they got the whole show in. When the races were over it started sprinkling and then i drove 5 1/2 hours back in a monsoon. Couldnt have gotten any luckier!

19. challenger1150

Jan 26, 2013
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andy
  20. Heat Seeker WS6

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
  21. challenger1150

Jan 26, 2013
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I have a lot more pictures just need look at them. It was cool they let me up in the flag stand.