Milwaukee Indyfest | FerrariChat

Milwaukee Indyfest

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Heat Seeker WS6, Aug 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    Who's going?

My race team will have 4 of our race karts on display tonight at the downtown Indyfest block party and then tomorrow & saturday in the infield all day/night. We built a wicked display for 3 of them.... a pyramid style rack. 2 karts angled on their sides and a 3rd on top- about 6' off the ground on a tilted rotating platform.

2. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Missed the block party but made the race on Sunday. Was dramatically unimpressed. I've been going to this race every year since I can remember but this year almost zero merchandise and what merchandise was there was only in the infield, not on the main concourse. I feel like Indy racing is the best it has been in a long while, but everything else about the series is in really poor condition.

3. speedsport

speedsport Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I was there. It was one of the most boring races I remember in a long time. I took my girlfriend there for her first indycar race. She was not impressed.

4. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Yea, I was going to go but the "Mile" is a really boring race. Even the wrecks are boring.

Man I miss the days of CART & Elkhart Lake. THAT was fun.

5. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    For partying, I miss the June Sprints in the early '70s. For racing, the SCCA Nat'ls is the best racing I can remember. :)