Bloomington,Normal , Ill | FerrariChat

Bloomington,Normal , Ill

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by drjohngober, Aug 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    My son is moving there tomorrow to play hockey for the Bloomington Thunder in the USHL. Thinking or renting a home for the season. Anyone know anything about the area?

2. matgro1

matgro1 Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2012
    Skokie x Peoria IL
    Full Name:
    Matthew Groner
    Small town, I know that ISU makes up a big part of the town. Other than that I don't know much.

3. rycase

rycase Rookie

Sep 27, 2014
    I am friends with the owners of the hockey shop that recently opened here out if demand.

I would be happy to share, BloNo is what locals started calling the cities a few years back. My wife and I are like most of the families that enjoy a very low cost of living yet excellent schools, low crime in part due to State Farm Corporate.

Very boring area which is great for some. We have a good parks and rec system as well which promotes activities on an inner city bike path of over 30 miles.

I am sure there is at least one 458, and multiple 430's. This town is quite strange about the appearance of money due to cars, very much a jones's town for homes. A conservative culture does not extend to homes.

Many golf courses, a few excellent dining locations such as Medici in the "uptown normal" area.

Cheers,
    Ryan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk