Des Moines Concours d'Elegance | FerrariChat

Des Moines Concours d'Elegance

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by FordMan, Sep 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Can anyone tell me more about this event. What all is there to do there? What kinds of cars show up? Is it worth going to? Thanks in advance

2. ronmg

ronmg Karting

Oct 14, 2009
    Duh Moines
    Full Name:
    Ron Foote
    Bobby, in my opinion it is well worth your effort to see. It is being held in the Papajohn sculpture park. One the the finest collections of modern sculpture anywhere. They will have 140 cars this year. In the past it's been everything from steam powered to Packards to modern super cars. Most every country will be represented.
    It all goes on in our downtown district with many excellent hotels and restaurants.

3. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Thank you for the info, I plan on attending. I really hope to see the Mosler there, among other exotic toys that I have heard all about.

4. ronmg

ronmg Karting

Oct 14, 2009
    Duh Moines
    Full Name:
    Ron Foote
    If you get in on Sat; The place to be on Sat. night is The Des Moines Social Club, if your young minded. If you like fine dinning try the 801 Grand Chop House, Jacket required last I knew. Both of them are down town. Sunday morning it's The Waveland for a greasy spoon breakfast. It's a small place with PITA parking. Be prepared to stand in line.
    I'll be there. I'm to the short side, bald, round glasses with a grey goatee. I'll be wearing a khaki cap with an SCCA patch on the front. If you see me please say hello.

Ron

5. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Thanks for the info Ron, I will be sure to say hi if I see you there.

6. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Sorry Ron, I didn't see you today. I did see some very nice cars though! & there are still cars I haven't seen...one day I will.

Also, can anyone tell me how the drive was on Saturday?

7. ronmg

ronmg Karting

Oct 14, 2009
    Duh Moines
    Full Name:
    Ron Foote
    Bobby, sorry , I didn't make it. I was supposed to go with my daughter and her 2 older boys. We got together Fri. night for dinner, by Sun. morning we where all sick. Glad you enjoyed it. I had several friends with cars in the show. They all said it was great, but no comments on the Sat. drive.

Ron

8. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Pretty excellent turn out for the exotic class (I did not take any pics, but I am sure someone will post a bunch later) ---

DeTomaso Pantera
    Lambo Countach 5000
    Lambo Diablo 6.0
    Lambo Aventador
    Lambo Gallardo
    Ferrari 430 Scuderia
    Ferrari 250 GT
    Ferrari 328
    Aston Martin DB9
    Ford GT40