Des Moines Wednesday night at loose ends | FerrariChat

Des Moines Wednesday night at loose ends

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by plugzit, Sep 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    I'm going to be in Des Moines Wednesday night with nothing to do. Any suggestions? I'm easily entertained but not the kinda guy to call a hooker off Craigslist. Dropping off a family member in the afternoon, flying back to LA on Thursday. Heck, even a hamburger with somebody who hasn't heard my good lies before is better than sitting in the hotel room watching tv!

2. Lindy

Lindy Rookie

Sep 8, 2012
    You looking for restaurant, bar, shopping, entertainment suggestions?

3. Jaybird

Jaybird Karting

Jul 7, 2011
    Southeast Iowa
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Bad timing for me. I live a couple hours away and would have drove my 348 over to meet you but I'm flying to Germany tomorrow. Going to the Porsche museum and Zell Am See Austria.Let me know if you are coming back, I have an aunt in Des Moines i could visit and then meet up with you sometime.

4. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    We've got plenty of that at home in LA, but something uniquely Iowan would be cool. Talking Fcars would be plenty of entertainment for me. I seldom notice the location of Brotherhood members. Thought there might be ome in the Des Moines area. No problem.

5. Akram

Akram Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2009
    Clive, Iowa
    Full Name:
    Ray Salloum
    Check out Twin Peaks on University in West Des Moines. Girls so cute they put Hooters out of business. Good food if you like bar food.

6. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Hey Bruce, any friend of Dave Helms' is a friend of mine !

Unfortunately, I am out of town on a little vacation this week, otherwise I would have been happy to meet up and show you around our little town.

.....that would be staying home (or in your hotel room) and being bored to hell because there is never really anything remotely exciting to do in Iowa :p:) LOL