wheel repair | FerrariChat

wheel repair

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by augustxke, Jan 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. augustxke

augustxke Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    MN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I have a scud that originally came with the gold colored wheels and a former owner decided to repaint them the more common gray. When I had new tires mounted we could see the original gold color that was covered by the tires. Shortly after I bought the car I ran wide, momentarily, and dropped my RT front off the asphalt which resulted in a slightly bent rim. The wheel does not leak air and I can feel a slight vibration at 120 mph and above. When I had the tires balanced the tire shop pointed out the out of round wheel. Can anyone recommend a shop that has experience in truing a wheel and repainting the set to their original color?

2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I have been looking around up here (duluth) for someone to strip my 360 wheels so I can repain them. A couple of places have brought up the name "keystone wheels/plating" over in Brainerd. I have not called them yet about my wheels, but it sounds like they do a fair amount of wheel refinishing/painting/etc

3. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Bruce -

Dumb question but can't you just buy a new one?

MDS

4. augustxke

augustxke Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    MN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I would like to go back to the all original gold colored wheels. It should be more economical to refinish the ones I have.

5. pmichaelg

pmichaelg Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I had a very good experience with Twin City Wheel Repair (in White Bear Lake) with refurbishing some Porsche Cup I wheels for my 928. I'd give them a call to see what they can do: 651-407-3636.

6. augustxke

augustxke Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    MN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Thanks guys for the input, I will make contacts. If any one else has any recommendations let me know.