Cars & Coffee (or brew) this summer? | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee (or brew) this summer?

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by GDVBR8N, Jan 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GDVBR8N

GDVBR8N Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    Milwaukee< WI
    Full Name:
    Robert H. Blondis
    Any "Cars and Coffee" scheduled for this coming summer in the Milwaukee area, other than the monthly ones at Lake Mills? How about "Cars and Brew?" If not, is anyone interested in trying to start one of either or both?

2. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I run a cruise night every Tuesday evening May-September at the Highland House restaurant in Mequon. Brew City Cruise Night Home Page

We've been doing it for over 10 years. In 2014 we had an average of 110 cars show up each week. Everyone is always welcome, we get cars and owners of all kinds you can imagine, and some you can't :)

3. Davisvehicles

Davisvehicles Karting

Aug 10, 2013
    Brew City/Windy City
    Full Name:
    Ben Davis
  4. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I've been to every show at Palermo's, my neighbor organizes it. They've never had more than 10 cars show up. And that is when I brought 6 of my Brew City Cruise Night friends.

The problem for them is that the location just really sucks. Trying to get to the valley at rush hour from anywhere except downtown is a brutal drive. Last time I went, it took me over an hour to get there from Mequon.

5. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Ain't always pretty coming from downtown either! Will definitely try to make at least a couple Cruise Nights this year.

6. Davisvehicles

Davisvehicles Karting

Aug 10, 2013
    Brew City/Windy City
    Full Name:
    Ben Davis
    Good to know. The location is not the best, although it would be equal to going up to the cruise nights (I'm in shorewood). I'm definitely gonna try and make it up to mequon more though.

7. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Jeff's shows are definitely worth the drive up. They get some great and interesting cars every week.

Mark

8. GDVBR8N

GDVBR8N Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    Milwaukee< WI
    Full Name:
    Robert H. Blondis
    Wow! Am glad I asked! A cruise sounds GREAT right now. What are typical start-finish hours for the event? I sometimes have to work a bit late on Tuesdays.(For all of you non-Wisconsin folks, we are in the middle or close to the end of a snow storm, with most of the snow going sideways because of the strong winds.)

9. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    We run our show every Tuesday night, May 5 through September 29 this year. Show officially starts at 5:30 pm but sometimes people come as early as 4:30, people arrive at all sorts of times, peak attendance is usually around 6:30. We do a door prize drawing at about 7:00 pm then people hang around for a while with most being gone by about 8:00 pm but some people hang out until 10:00 on some nights. I guess what I am trying to say is that it is very informal...

10. andy6789

andy6789 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Milwaukee Wi
    Full Name:
    Andy
  11. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Thanks Andy!

I was talking to my neighbor who organizes the Palermo's show and it looks like they may not be doing it this year. Last year they had one show at the end where they offered free beer and pizza and only a few people showed up. That kind of killed their enthusiasm.

By the way, our Brew City Cruise Night 2015 show schedule has been posted! See Brew City Cruise Night Home Page for more info :)

12. Davisvehicles

Davisvehicles Karting

Aug 10, 2013
    Brew City/Windy City
    Full Name:
    Ben Davis
    Are any of these still local? Nice pictures!

Counting down the days until Cruise ins!

13. andy6789

andy6789 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Milwaukee Wi
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Both of the 458's are gone as well as the 275GTB, the white 458 was replaced by a white F12 not sure about the others.

14. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    Jeff's done an excellent job with his shows! I haven't made it to as many of them as I'd like to because of my distance from work.

The Palermo's shows were indeed pretty weak due to the traffic and location but some very impressive cars showed still. The place is neat though and would make for a good weekend meet-up place for cruises.

15. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    That would be cool. Shows are a lot of fun but I've never really done any cruises and would like to. Driving is always more fun than looking!

16. GDVBR8N

GDVBR8N Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    Milwaukee< WI
    Full Name:
    Robert H. Blondis
    I finally made it to a Brew City Cruise Night this past Tuesday, June 9. The event is held on Tuesday eve's from May 5 through Sept. 29 at the Highland House parking lot on Port Washington Rd. in Mequon, WI. It was a beautiful night, with "top down" weather-at least on the way to the show. It had become a bit cool by the time I was ready to leave. It was "British Night" and there was an impressive collection of MG's, Jags, and others, many with fresh British Racing Green paint, and a few that looked to be totally unrestored. There were at least a few of every other category of collectible car, from street rods to Porsche 911s. There were only 3 Ferraris that I saw, including my own 360 Spider. Maybe their owners are waiting for July 28, "Exotic Night Featuring Italian Cars." I'll be back on as many Tuesday nights as possible.

17. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I saw you and said Hi as you were getting in your car to leave. My 328 GTS was there.

This Tuesday, June 16, IS OUR LAST SHOW AT HIGHLAND HOUSE! We've been terminated there, the owner has enough money and doesn't want ours anymore.

Effective June 23, the show is moving back to the old Brew City Grill location, 10250 N. Cedarburg Road, in Mequon. It's reopened under new management and they are eager to have the show at their place. The bar is called Pòga and the restaurant is Yummys. Burgers and other simple stuff, good car show food. The bar has Happy Hour specials from 3pm until 8pm. It will probably be a slightly rocky start as far as bar and restaurant service go because I don't think they fully understand how many people show up at our shows, but they are motivated to make things right and want to make this a great event. So far I've heard from quite a few people who are happy we are moving back there, the venue is great for our show, with an outdoor patio overlooking the parking area and much more shade than at Highland House.