Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA East > North & South Carolina

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Adrian
If this is actually true, it would definately make him a candidate for "Turd of the Year"!
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 10-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Gil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxiclemonade View Post
Sometimes things aren't worth repairing...
Soooooo very true...well said, and thank you for that perspective. Had that relationship been "repaired" it still would have been broken, and I would have never met the love of my life (no, not you Karl).
Old 10-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanroadandracing View Post
I guess I'm a slow learner or may be I can't give up trying to see the good in people.
Don't ever give up...
Old 10-22-2011, 01:34 PM
South Carolina
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Karl Troy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gil308 View Post
Don't ever give up...
I don't. Makes for a much happier life to see the good in everything that comes your way. Everything happens for a reason.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 10-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Full Name: Rob Lay
My Garage
Just letting everyone know that Kevin Hedges of Hedges Wealth Management has informed me he's going to sue the FerrariChat.com community and Karl unless we removed this thread. Just making the threat clear to the community.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:07 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Charles Burrage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lay View Post
Just letting everyone know that Kevin Hedges of Hedges Wealth Management has informed me he's going to sue the FerrariChat.com community and Karl unless we removed this thread. Just making the threat clear to the community.
classy
Old 10-27-2011, 07:44 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Sue the community? I've heard "it takes a village", but never thought someone would be so full of themselves to sue the village lol. Other than the empty threat, what's sad is that there is probably some low life attorney who would take his case...not because he can win, but because the attorney can bill and make money. He will sue for "slander" and then say the lies he told were in self defense lol.

Sad, really...but facts are facts and the truth will prevail. Maybe I'll sue the community too...not sure what for, but what the heck. Maybe I'll sue y'all for making me type this stupid post and making my hands hurt. Could be carpal tunnel!!! Y'all are gonna PAY!!!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Ryan
Quote:
I hope his attorney collects the fees up front...
Old 10-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Six Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Bubba
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATLEW View Post
This thread was getting exciting accusations potential litigation but wow $1376 not alot of money for all that work. I would pay that in a heart beat and be thankful it was not more. No tie to any party and I do not know eigther gentleman I just love reading these posts its is entertainment reality show material. I was really disapointed I thought the bill was going to be 20 to 30k but $1376 come on pay the bill and if you are not satisfied find another shop to take your car to. Repeat business and word of mouth is essential to a repair shop. There are always two sides to every story.
+1

A shop just fixed my Ferrari, took FOUR YEARS, and presented me a bill for $4,996.00.

I have no idea if that is "fair" or "outrageous" or what...BUT it's a legitimate and legal bill, so I paid it and got my car back, (while they were in the hospital, from totalling an F40.. )

This is an "aging receivable" and you need to pay it, brudda.

The funny thing about "lawsuits" is that by the time both sides complete discovery, they'll know EVERYTHING there is to know, about your business ethics.

Everything.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Six Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
ALL of us?????

Holy smoke let me alert counsel........I didn't see that, before I posted my OPINION.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Six Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Talking

Quote:
Your call, boss......
Old 10-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Adrian
Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers.
Luke 6:44

This thread has already been viewed over 1,000 times, and I'm sure that most have formed their own opinions
about the situation. Many of you have had dealings with both Karl and Kevin. Look at the contributions that
have been made here on f-chat.

Karl, your reputation speaks for itself. Your kindness and knowledge has been spoken of many times
by many of the forum members.

Kevin, I think you did yourself more harm in this thread than Karl ever could. You talk of his "struggling"
business, unacceptable work. and "excessive" fees. I think if you were to do your research just on ferrarichat,
you would find some very different opinions. It would have been so much easier to just make arrangements
for services rendered and to take your business elsewhere!

Be very careful of your threats. Lawsuits have a way of bringing the truth into the light, and
the light exposes all. Even that which you may wish to leave in the shadows!

As I said before, I hope that reputations aren't destroyed.

Just my opinion, afterall, it still is an open forum.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 10-28-2011, 09:06 AM
South Carolina
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Karl Troy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhedges View Post
Dear Karl,

In the essence of reaching an agreement so that you are not hung out to dry on the cost of whatever you spent on fixing my car this year Karl, and in the essence of gentlemanly conduct, I am prepared to give you a small amount of the balance that will cover parts, but not labor. I think this is more than fair given the factual information above.

Yours sincerely,

Kevin Hedges
Kevin, I would like to mention that you emailed me on 10/20/11 with this exact same quote from your post. I actually agreed to partial compensation and was willing to write the remainder off. I also told you that I was going to edit the original post to reflect that "our lost communication had been restored and that you had made payment in full."(even though I settled for less) Apparently you changed your mind and at this point so did I.
I would gladly have Rob remove this entire thread if you decide to make things right and take care of payment in full. I'll gladly waive any interest charges.
The decision is all yours.

Karl Troy
Old 10-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanroadandracing View Post
Kevin, I would like to mention that you emailed me on 10/20/11 with this exact same quote from your post. I actually agreed to partial compensation and was willing to write the remainder off. I also told you that I was going to edit the original post to reflect that "our lost communication had been restored and that you had made payment in full."(even though I settled for less) Apparently you changed your mind and at this point so did I.
I would gladly have Rob remove this entire thread if you decide to make things right and take care of payment in full. I'll gladly waive any interest charges.
The decision is all yours.

Karl Troy
Sounds like a fair deal to me...
Old 10-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Full Name: Rob Lay
My Garage
If Kevin and Karl work it out and agree to remove thread, that is fine with me. I absolutely won't do it because he's threatening me and FerrariChat.com.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
If Kevin and Karl work it out and agree to remove thread, that is fine with me. I absolutely won't do it because he's threatening me and FerrariChat.com.
+1 Totally agree with you.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Charles Burrage
Quote:
good deal...guy sounds pretty flakey to me anyway. I can imagine his threats are likely empty.

Nonetheless, I would imagine there are 1 or 2 fairly proficient Juris Doctorates here on fchat who could advise of any appropriate actions fchat may need to take in defense.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:50 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Jeff
My Garage
Quote:
Well, I can guarantee you he won't be doing it with any investments from members here! (Unless you count the money he owes Karl....) I don't know, it seems to me that honest and up-front individuals who pay their debts RARELY (if ever) have to worry about "defamation of character" and the like...
Old 10-28-2011, 07:01 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Jeff
My Garage
Quote:
Dear Karl,

It has come to our attention that you have posted a private matter, between us and your firm, European Road & Racing on Ferrari Chat.

Let me make this entirely clear for you, so that there is no misunderstanding at all, whatsoever.

1) The reason that we have not paid the balance is because the work you did on my car was unacceptable. You kept the car for over 1month for an oil change. I also let you use the car, as a convenience, when you asked me. When I picked up the car, the car was not fixed. The MPG had decreased considerably, and the total bill for the car was well in excess of my expectations, despite my repeated requests for the total price. Hence, one cannot pay for work that was completed, and subsequently created more car problems. It should have been fixed and checked before I picked up the car. I clearly remember you also saying that your firm was struggling somewhat, which is a shame. Naturally, I am unimpressed. I have sent previous correspondence letting you know, of which I have a copy.

2) You must remove the post on Ferrari Chat immediately. It is unprofessional, slanderous, and a private matter.

3) If you do not remove the post, and make a formal apology, I will be sure to take legal action for such comments on a private matter. I will also to tell everyone in the Ferrari Club, Porsche Club, British Car Club, et al, about the bad experience we have had with you and your firm and that you are deliberately trying to hurt our company, and our reputation which are certainly non-correlated. It is unjust. In general, your firm as been good, but this was not one of those times.

4) With regards to our firm, yes, there are awful ‘wealth management’ firms out there, but we are certainly not one of them. We have a dedicated core focus on low risk, transparency & fiduciary interest. Our credentials include Wharton Business School, currently studying the CFA exam, and being licensed by the SEC / FINRA. Confidential (client permitted) references available upon request.

In the essence of reaching an agreement so that you are not hung out to dry on the cost of whatever you spent on fixing my car this year Karl, and in the essence of gentlemanly conduct, I am prepared to give you a small amount of the balance that will cover parts, but not labor. I think this is more than fair given the factual information above.

May I wish you the best for the remainder of this year Karl. Good luck with getting your firm back in track.

Yours sincerely,

Kevin Hedges

Kevin -

You threaten Karl with going to various car clubs, etc. with this matter.

What are your feelings about having this thread linked to various automotive forums frequented by the collector car industry?

It seems it might be a more efficient way of spreading the message.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
3) If you do not remove the post, and make a formal apology, I will be sure to take legal action for such comments on a private matter. I will also to tell everyone in the Ferrari Club, Porsche Club, British Car Club, et al, about the bad experience we have had with you and your firm and that you are deliberately trying to hurt our company, and our reputation which are certainly non-correlated. It is unjust. In general, your firm as been good, but this was not one of those times.

4) With regards to our firm, yes, there are awful ‘wealth management’ firms out there, but we are certainly not one of them. We have a dedicated core focus on low risk, transparency & fiduciary interest. Our credentials include Wharton Business School, currently studying the CFA exam, and being licensed by the SEC / FINRA. Confidential (client permitted) references available upon request.

In the essence of reaching an agreement so that you are not hung out to dry on the cost of whatever you spent on fixing my car this year Karl, and in the essence of gentlemanly conduct, I am prepared to give you a small amount of the balance that will cover parts, but not labor. I think this is more than fair given the factual information above
Reference #3): Many members on FChat are already members of the Ferrari Club, so no need to spread lies about Karl there. I'm sure many of the Porsche Club members are quite familiar with Karl, so your lies about him and his shop likely won't fly there either. I've seen British cars at Karl's shop, and he's referred friends for service at a local Range Rover independent shop, so you're probably out of luck in that circle too. I don't think Karl's intent was to hurt your company. I think his intent was to warn the community you are threatening to sue about behavior which is suspect and sheds light on your character. And your threats to Rob Lay and the community definitely support my suspicions that you may have a broken moral compass.

Reference #4): Your firm being credentialed didn't prevent you from neglecting to pay your debts, or making up false statements about Karl and his shop. So, I'm not seeing the connection you are trying to make. If you can't pay your debts, or simply refuse to, how can others trust you? Being educated doesn't automatically make someone responsible, honest, ethical or moral. Bernie Madoff is educated...although not a Wharton grad.

Reference the last quoted statement: Gentlemanly conduct would have been to pay what you owed immediately. Offering a small portion is not gentlemanly or appropriate. I would bet that the majority of the bill was parts anyway. I think Karl's rate is lower than the local Ford dealer...maybe you should have taken your car, I mean the car you sold and no longer feel obligated to pay debts associated with same, to the Ford dealer...just a thought.

I'm not sure if I should seek legal counsel in the event you sue the community. I think I'm comfortable being represented by common sense. Maybe the community should hire a lawyer...if he/she charges a $5000 retainer, that should be like $0.50 per person??? I'm in!

I'm sure there are a lot of people you could bully, threaten, lie about...but Karl? The FChat community? Really???
Non-Sponsor Ads