Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA East > North & South Carolina

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2011, 08:02 AM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Curt
Quote:
Originally Posted by gil308 View Post
Is this a joke? I got an email from Kevin inviting me to a party...

"Kevin N. Hedges, Managing Partner & Lisa Pansing, Ownership Representative invited you to
The Fall Mix Cocktail Party - RSVP Only

Thursday, November 10, 2011
6:30 PM - 10:30 PM

WHERE:
An 1844 Antebellum Mansion
47 Smith Street
Charleston SC 29401"

I feel my privacy has been invaded by Kevin obtaining my email, and then using it to promote his firm. Any attorneys on here? It's an unwanted solicitation...how should I respond to make sure I NEVER get another email from him?
Sounds like they are selling the "Lifestyle Asset Group" above, where you put in $300k and then you get 5 weeks a year to stay at their properties. Business model is not too clear. Get you tipsy and then introduce you to this REIT/Vacation property organization. Might be fun to go and sip some champagne. ;-)

Last edited by vrsurgeon; 11-03-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 11-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Gil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanroadandracing View Post
Gil, you should go and consume $1000.- worth of food and drinks. Another friend of mine on F chat got the same invite. He asked me if I wanted to be his date, lol.
Did you tell him you were waiting for me to ask you?
Old 11-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Full Name: Rob Lay
My Garage
any reason to keep this thread open, what is out there is out there.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Daniel, that is why real professionals do not pursue their potential clients ... If a loved needed to have surgery for a life threatening illness would you want the doctor that knocks on your door and says "please let me do it, please. I'll save you a bunch of money over the other guy and I'm really good"
My fiance moved to the area and received that envelop of coupons/ads that everyone gets. She saw an ad from a local dentist, so she went to see him. Long story short...he did a terrible job, billed her and her insurance company for services he NEVER performed, then charged an extra $600 for the substandard work he did do..which he had previously admitted was not adequate and promised to correct (he never did). She went to another RECOMMENDED dentist who fixed the crappy work done by the first dentist.

I know there are marketing techniques which have proven successful...mass emails/mailings/coupons/etc...but I have yet to go somewhere, be it a restaurant or a dentist, that solicits customers in that way. I look for recommendations. That's not to say the Chinese Buffet in the coupon mailings is bad, I just choose to go somewhere else.

If I need a mechanic, I will get recommendations...if I need wealth management, I will get a recommendation.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
... I have learned that if someone has been smart enough and successful enough to finally own a fancy car...
I don't quite fit into either category, so are you saying my car isn't fancy? Or am I an anomaly?
Old 11-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lay View Post
any reason to keep this thread open, what is out there is out there.
Any reason to close it?

The guy who threatened to sue you and the community has sent unsolicited emails to personal accounts AFTER threatening us. It continues to show his character...which was the point of the thread to begin with. He lied, threatened, and then asks me to attend his party so he can "invest" my money...?????

There are hundreds of threads out there that have been open for years...and then years later someone continues it. Why close it? I don't think the thread would have gone on this long if Kevin didn't respond with lies and threats...it would have gone away on its own and we could have drawn our own conclusions...you wouldn't have closed it then, would you? So why now?

Just my $0.02...which I may invest with someone other than Kevin.

(Rob, I'm on a roll...don't stop me now!!)

Last edited by gil308; 11-03-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Administrator

My Garage
Quote:
Any reason to close it?

The guy who threatened to sue you and the community has sent unsolicited emails to personal accounts AFTER threatening us. It continues to show his character...which was the point of the thread to begin with. He lied, threatened, and then asks me to attend his party so he can "invest" my money...?????

There are hundreds of threads out there that have been open for years...and then years later someone continues it. Why close it? I don't think the thread would have gone on this long if Kevin didn't respond with lies and threats...it would have gone away on its own and we could have drawn our own conclusions...you wouldn't have closed it then, would you? So why now?

Just my $0.02...which I may invest with someone other than Kevin.
closed it will still be viewable and searchable. we can also open in future if anything new happens. I just think all the current info is out there and now it is a fun thread with the bantering, but off message. I'm not that intent on closing it, was just a suggestion. every morning I wake up and have to catch up on the new funny posts in the Hedges thread.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 AM
F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Full Name: peter brinzey
Quote:
I don't quite fit into either category, so are you saying my car isn't fancy? Or am I an anomaly?
yes, yes gil...you are that! add to that you are seriously loyal as can be seen in this thread!

a credit to sportscar owners i would say!!

pcb
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 11-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Adrian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg looney_tunes_thats_all_folks.jpg (66.0 KB, 473 views)
Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraripete View Post
yes, yes gil...you are that! add to that you are seriously loyal as can be seen in this thread!

a credit to sportscar owners i would say!!

pcb
See Rob...another reason to keep the thread open...people telling me how wonderful I am! LOL... Thanks for the kind words.

While I am quite fond of Karl, even he will tell you that my loyalty lies with the truth...if he, or anyone else, is subjected to what I perceive as injustice I will speak up...as long as I'm not silenced by The Man

Rob, if you close this thread I will just have to troll around for another appropriate place to spread my thoughts...and next time, you may not find it as easily
Old 11-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

I looked all over....nope, no invite.

Drat.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze View Post
I looked all over....nope, no invite.

Drat.
I can forward mine to you if you are interested...for a nominal fee, of course, since I doubt I will get a referral fee from Kevin.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:13 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: John E
My Garage
I was not going to post on this subject bit i can not keep quiet any longer - yes he does use the Ferrari chat address' and the Ferrari club contacts to push his business.

A few years ago I had the Ferrari Club at my house outside Asheville for an afternoon party. It was in connection with the big event at the Grove park Inn for fallen warriors. i put in on a a donation to them. Kevin came in his Porsche with Wealth Mgt plastered all over it. He was very pleasant and makes a very good impression.

Not long after, i started to get investment soliciting from him - totally unwanted. I am a fairly smart guy and it kind of creeped me out because the stuff was BS. The first approach was to buy $1.00 stock in a company that never sold anything but was the worlds next best thing - he bought the same stock shortly before @ $.10 per share. Then on the day before Xmas, I got a Fed X (unsolicited and no forwarning and no explanation) thick with loan documents for i believe up to $250,000 to lend to some start up company. I put my drink down just long enough to throw it all in the trash. I was like, wow.

Had enough
Old 11-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Administrator

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by raider1968 View Post
yes he does use the Ferrari chat address' and the Ferrari club contacts to push his business.
what do you mean by using FerrariChat address? just contacting users he meets here by PM etc? no one has access to emails except me unless someone put in post or PM. thanks.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:27 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: John E
My Garage
No Rob, I did not mean the actual address' - just the contacts and connections he makes - sorry, didn't mean to get you all stirred up - I don't think I have ever seen someone self destroy like he did on a public form - it is really kind of sad to see
Old 11-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

If you use a dolled up base Carrera as a rolling billboard for your investment firm, you are probably not the guy I want stewarding my duckets.

But hey, that's just me.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 11-03-2011, 12:25 PM
South Carolina
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Karl Troy
Quote:
Gil, "Exotic car treatment, no matter what you drive"
Old 11-03-2011, 12:37 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Stephane
Just read entire post. bottom line is this "Kevin" made himself look like a jack-ass that can't handle his own finances who is probably scamming others with his "financial" business the same way he tried to scam Karl.
Karl is a class act and he went above and beyond once again for someone who certainly didn't deserve it. I will remember this guy's firm's name.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Gil, "Exotic car treatment, no matter what you drive"
...and there you have it. My 308 and I have always been treated well by you. So, you gonna go with me to the Cocktail Party Kevin is throwing?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaledetails View Post
Just read entire post. bottom line is this "Kevin" made himself look like a jack-ass that can't handle his own finances who is probably scamming others with his "financial" business the same way he tried to scam Karl.
Karl is a class act and he went above and beyond once again for someone who certainly didn't deserve it. I will remember this guy's firm's name.
I can forward the eVite he sent me...to which I replied NO...and asked to be removed from his email list. It bugs me that he used a Ferrari Club list to solicit business...just seems like shady marketing to me.