Cars and Cappuccino - Charlotte / February 16th @ 9:00 AM **DIFFERENT LOCATION** | FerrariChat

Cars and Cappuccino - Charlotte / February 16th @ 9:00 AM **DIFFERENT LOCATION**

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by tdw28210, Feb 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tdw28210

tdw28210 Karting

#1 tdw28210, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi All,

We made the decision to bring Cars and Cappuccino to a commercial location for the first time ever. The cold weather has made it a little nippy in the mornings. We are going to host Cars and Cappuccino in February at the newly relocated Huewe Motorsports. They will be opening their doors, providing a place to hang out, warm up and enjoy some coffee too. Pics, sign up and more details about the event at the links below:

Cars and Cappuccino ? Charlotte / February 2014 Edition **LOCATION ALERT** | Cars and Cappuccino.com

https://www.facebook.com/events/247249812123384/
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tdw28210

tdw28210 Karting

02/15 WEATHER UPDATE: We are a go! The folks at Huewe Motorsports are working hard to get everything ready. Primary parking for European marques will be in the FRONT of the shop (40 spots or so). Overflow parking will be in the back, (which will likely be a little moist). Get here early for the best spots. Drive safely and we look forward to seeing everyone at our gathering tomorrow at 9:00 AM.

3. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    Driveway is still a mess for me. Did the best job I could cleaning it today. Don't think the Ferrari is going to make it out of the garage tomorrow.

Perhaps we can have another event there in the coming months. Please thank them for opening up their doors.

Deiger

4. tdw28210

tdw28210 Karting

Guys/Gals,

I know that I do not need to post this kind of message with this group, but out of fairness to all the other attendees, I will.

A Few Notes and a Request:

We have a lot of people signed up for tomorrow's event. Pretty amazing given the recent weather and the snow remnants still visible around town. First and foremost this is an event for European sports car enthusiasts and their cars. As such these attendees will be given priority parking in the front of the Huewe Motorsports building and if necessary, the rear of the building too. It is not that some of us don't dig American Muscle (I grew up on MOPAR) or Mid Night Club-inspired Japanese rides (love the 911 Blackbird). But Cars and Cappuccino is a gathering of Euro-enthusiasts who basically stand around cars chatting (mostly about cars), drinking coffee, meeting old friends, making new ones and maybe even exchanging a business card or two. Most (not all) of us are 30+, own a house/condo, have 2.5 kids or even grandkids.

Cars and Cappuccino is NOT your typical "dyno day" kind of event - there will be no stereo demos and not even the slightest puff of nitrous will waft through the lot. At this gathering, we are not interested in how loud your exhaust is, how smoky your tires get or how loose you can get the rear-end leaving the parking lot. So please, if this is what you are looking for, just stay in bed. However, if you want to meet a lot of surprisingly approachable exotic/classic sports car owners who truly enjoy talking about cars, then come on out.

Now if you have a desire to impress others with your driving skills, then come sit down and do couple laps on a Gran Turismo 5 track with the Fanatec wheel and pedal cluster that will be set up in the Huewe Motosports conference room tomorrow. (PLEASE: no drinks near the equipment and no wagering ; ).

Finally, as the founder and one of several individuals who spend their personal time and some amount of money to keep Cars and Cappuccino going, I am asking you to please honor my request that you drive safely, quietly and and courteously to, from and during tomorrow's event and that you ask others to do the same.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation and I look forward to seeing you at the February 2014 Edition of the Cars and Cappuccino gathering.

All the Best,

Cars and Cappuccino, LLC

5. tdw28210

tdw28210 Karting

#5 tdw28210, Feb 15, 2014
    Deiger,

Hire this guy! ; )

6. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    All,

Temps are expected to drop well below freezing tonight, and may not get above freezing until after this event begins.

Much of the melting snow is probably going to freeze tonight - so, please be very careful driving around tomorrow morning - especially on secondary roads.

Have fun, and I hope to be able to attend next month's get-together.

7. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    I love it!!!!!

Deiger

8. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    So any pictures from today?

And BTW the final driveway ice warmed up enough and is now shoveled off. Now the Spider can enjoy a drive this week!

Deiger

9. tdw28210

tdw28210 Karting

#9 tdw28210, Feb 16, 2014
    Cars and Cappuccino at Huewe Motorsports was a pretty cool event today. Like the last two months, we started out fairly chilly, but the temperature warmed up to the low 40's by 10:00 AM.

It was nice to be able to mingle both inside and outside. Nice mix of cars and everyone played by the rules. Not a great shock to see several LEO's in the area, but again no issues. And it turns out that one of the attendees is actually a LEO himself. I got his phone number. ; ). Based on the very positive response today, we may hold Cars and Cappuccino at another commercial venue again in the future.

Here a few selected pictures from today's gathering.

10. tdw28210

tdw28210 Karting

#10 tdw28210, Feb 16, 2014