Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee -Reinstated! March 8th 2014 (2nd Saturday) | FerrariChat

Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee -Reinstated! March 8th 2014 (2nd Saturday)

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by MC36, Feb 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MC36

MC36 Karting

Apr 24, 2009
    Charlotte Area- Cars and Coffee at the NC Music Factory- Sat March 8th!
    Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee - Uptown Charlotte
    Skipping the 1st Saturday due to the Parking lot being used for the CIAA tournament.

Mattie's Diner / NC Music Factory Uptown Village-Main Lot
    1000 NC Music Factory Blvd, Charlotte NC 28206

Saturday March 8th, 2014

7:30am until!

The numerous emails, phone calls and texts that I received this past month about how much C&C means to those in Charlotte has prompted us to look at what was right with the event and what could be developmental areas to improve this great gathering. It was a scary thought for all those involved that the poor judgement by a select few could endanger everyone and ruin such a great event. Mattie and the NC Music Factory management through much thought has decided to give us one more chance with some mandatory changes in the event.

At this size and scope there are not many places that can or will accommodate this type of event, so many changes are going to be asked of us in order to keep the event here. I am restating the rules here on this forum but I know that a lot of individuals that come do not see these each month so for those of you that do please spread the word and help us keep this event going and growing here at the NC Music Factory.

Here are the rules:

-Absolutely no burnouts or horse play in the lot or the roads out front. It is irresponsible and safety is a huge concern for us. This is a one strike rule!. Violators will be asked not to return and the mater will be turned over to the CMPD/Sheriff's Dept.
    -The Uptown division of the Mecklenburg police department is well aware of our event and will patrol the area. Speeding and unlawful behavior will not be tolerated on the public road out front or on the NC Music Factory's property. 911 will be called if antics prevail and the CMPD will respond!

-No vendors will be allowed to set up tables, booths or tents. As before you can hand out fliers if you wish but no signage or structures allowed.
    -Trailers, box trucks and haulers will be asked to use lot #2 for parking, spaces are at a premium and these vehicles take up too much space and maneuvering them around is too high a risk for accidents.
    -We need to leave the facilities better than we find them on each visit. NC Music Factory is letting us use this facility free of charge so we need to respect it, there are trash cans throughout the property please do please do not litter.
    -Parking nearest to the Diner is reserved for regular restaurant patrons. We have the other 662 spaces!

Changes:

-there will be uniformed officers stationed at two points on the property, with one being in the turn lane of the frontage road. We hope this will deter any burnouts, rapid rates of speed and general idiotic moves leaving the parking lot.
    -We are asking the bystanders that stand in front of the dinner to disperse, if those leaving don't have an audience of on lookers and video cameras it will greatly decrease the incidents that are possible. There is plenty of room in the parking look to take pictures and see the cars up close.
    -Removing the on lookers at the entrance also will reduce the chances of anyone getting hurt by a vehicle that looses control.

***We will be selling a Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee T-Shirt with all the proceeds going to pay the fees for the deputies that will be on duty at each event as well as additional signage needed. I think instead of taking donations a T-Shirt that we can create and sell to generate funds to have the event be self-sufficient is best. We hope to have these ready for the 1st event but it may be the second event.

I am very grateful for all those that reached out and offered to help reinstate this event as well as those that gave ideas that would make this event safer.

Hope to see you Saturday and thank you for helping this event I stay safe and in place for years to come!

See you Saturday

Michael

2. Grigio 308

Grigio 308 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    Huge kudos to Michael and everyone else who worked hard to get us all back on track!

3. jerhofer

jerhofer Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    Full Name:
    Jerry Forthofer
    Great news!! Thanks.

4. rbf41000

rbf41000 Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Great news and a big thanks to everyone who made this happen again.
    Any one know if it is legal to install temporary speed bumps?

5. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I think that would probably make a big difference. At the C&C in Cary, the plaza added speed bumps to deter drivers from flying out of the parking lots, and it has definitely cut down the number of people who stomp on the gas as they're leaving.

Temporary speed bumps usually require you to go over them extremely slowly, so it sounds like a good idea to me. I hope to be able to make it to one of the C&C's in Charlotte one of these months, as I've never been before.

6. MC36

MC36 Karting

Apr 24, 2009
    Just a reminder that it is the 2nd Sat in March. March 8th this month due to the CIAA Tourney in town who will be using the parking lot.

7. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Wondering how many people will still go this weekend not knowing it was first cancelled and then back on for next weekend? Hopefully the guys that ruined it in the first place. We don't need them there at the next event.

8. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Congrats Mike. I have followed the story down here in Wilmington. It is great to hear that you guys will most likely be able to make this work!

Our C&C here does a dinner once a week, cruise or impromtu meets ups each weekend (weather providing) and it's really become a family. Hope Charlotte experiences the same success!

9. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

WATERBEAN COFFEE 19420 Jetton Road Ste. 105, CORNELIUS, NC 28031

in the link provided, please note that there will now be a lake norman cars and coffee that will be held on the 1st Saturday of each month weather permitting. The concept came as a result of the charlotte event getting too big and having associated growing pains.

as a result, the town of Cornelius, parks and rec, as well as the Police Dept have indicated that holding a cars and coffee event at the lake would be a great idea and consistent with the town's reputation of a car/racing haven!

the waterbean coffee shop is VERY nice and the owner is a true car guy. the waterbean is a new shop and thus many of us (including the town of Cornelius) are excited to support his business by participation in cars and coffee events.

The waterbean parking lot is a very nice spot (as far as parking lots go) and holds up to 200 cars! There is also a pizza joint next door and the owner also happens to be a car guy.

The police will be participants in the event and I think are quite excited about the cars coming out to be shown!!

while this may for some represent a competing event, I think there is room for both the lake event and the charlotte event. i hope some of you all will join us and we can have a 100-200 cars attending hence.

best,

Pcb

10. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    who is going on Saturday? and what time?

11. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    I should be venturing over between 7:30 and 8am. Not sure where I am going to park this time though.

Deiger

12. MC36

MC36 Karting

Apr 24, 2009
    Looking forward to seeing everyone in the morning! The weather is suppose to be drastically better than today. Hoping for a great turnout for the reinstated event!

See you there!

Michael

13. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    Sorry couldn't make it out this morning. Under the weather this morning. Looking forward to next month.

Deiger

14. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Finally a good event without the foolishness although there were a few who still pushed the limit.

15. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Will there still be an event this weekend? Haven't seen a post made as of yet.

16. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    If so, I don't anticipate there will be big showing. Our Italian car show in Blakeney, The Lowes Auto Fair is in Concord.

Deiger

17. jbratek

jbratek Rookie

Apr 26, 2004
    Verona, NJ
    Michael: I am interested in seeing the t-shirt design and possibly buying one. Can you post a photo? Can they be ordered online or via email exchange? Let me know.