Inaugural "Best of Britain" Motorcar Show - June 14 in Charlotte, NC | FerrariChat

Inaugural "Best of Britain" Motorcar Show - June 14 in Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Grigio 308, May 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Grigio 308

Grigio 308 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    Greetings everyone,

While this is not a Ferrari related event, we do believe this will be a gathering you'll enjoy coming out to visit. Plus, if you happen to also own either a Rolls-Royce, Bentley, or Aston Martin, we'd love to have you in the show. Also, please let any friends or family know who may wish to participate. See original announcement below:

We would like to invite you to join us for the first annual "Best of Britain" Motorcar Show to be held in Charlotte this coming June. This event will solely feature Rolls-Royce, Bentley, and Aston Martin motorcars.

Inaugural "Best of Britain" Motorcar Show
    Sponsored by Automotive International
    Hosted by Big Ben British Pub

Saturday, June 14
    11am - 3pm

Big Ben British Pub is located in the Southend area of Charlotte just below Uptown.
    They will be providing lunch for all participants ($15 gift card per vehicle).

Big Ben British Pub
    2000 South Boulevard
    Charlotte, NC 28203

This event will be a gathering/show to be enjoyed by both owners and the general public. Visitors will have the opportunity to vote for their favorites in a number of classes and awards will be presented to the winners. Classes will be determined by number and diversity of entries.

If you are an owner and interested in participating, please feel free to contact Kevin Fielden with your name and the following related to your vehicle - year/marque/model/colors. Registration is $20 per vehicle. I will provide you an address to mail your entry.

[email protected]

We look forward to having you join us!

- Kevin Fielden

2. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    Kevin,

Looks awesome! Wish I could be there, but the FCA Annual Meet is that weekend! Somebody take a lot of pictures and order me a fish and chips.

Good luck!!!

Deiger

3. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    There is a lot going on that weekend. Sunday is Father's Day and the U.S. Open Golf Tourney is at Pinehurst June 9-15

4. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I might try to make it if I'm Charlotte that weekend. Don't have anything British to bring though.

Also, what about Jaguar? They aren't invited? Seems like E and F Type owners would enjoy this.

5. DoubleDown

DoubleDown Rookie

Sep 17, 2013
    I'd like to bring a Jaguar. Is there a special place you'd like me to display?

6. Grigio 308

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    Sorry, this event will solely feature Rolls-Royce, Bentley, and Aston Martin. Once we get this inaugural gathering under our belt, we'll discuss adding other events which will focus on other fine British marques.

While we're very early into the call for entries, the field is already shaping up very nicely!

Rolls-Royce

1934 20/25 2-Door Coupe
    1959 Silver Cloud
    1961 Silver Cloud
    2000 Silver Seraph
    2009 Phantom

Bentley

1950 Mk. VI Standard Steel Saloon
    1953 R-Type
    1993 Brooklands
    1998 Brooklands R

Aston Martin

1966 DB6
    2005 DB9
    2005 DB9

7. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    Awesome!

I love that pub

8. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    For DoubleDown's sake, would it be a problem if he brought his Jaguar and just parked in the spectator lot? Seems like someone brought a GranTurismo to Motori Italiani, and didn't present it in the show.

Hopefully the list will grow a bit before the show! I've seen a lot of Bentley's around South Park, and it seems like they should make a decent presence. Hopefully some more Aston owners will make themselves known as well; I've seen several Vantages driving around Charlotte, and a Vanquish a few times over at the South Park mall.

If I happen to see any Aston/Bentley/Rolls Royces here in the Triangle in the next couple of weeks, should I mention this event to the owners if I get a chance to talk to them?

9. Grigio 308

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    Folks are not only welcome to drive their specialty cars to the event, it is greatly encouraged! At all of our shows, there's always a good gathering of beautiful examples that don't happen to be a featured marque that day.

Absolutely, please feel free to spread the word to any and all who would like to participate/attend!

10. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Any update on the lineup? Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to attend, but I would like to know what will be there :)

11. Grigio 308

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    Registration is open through today and I expect a few more to be added. Here is the list at this point. We are also expecting a couple examples each on display from Bentley of Charlotte, Foreign Cars Italia, and Rolls-Royce Motorcars Raleigh!

Rolls-Royce

1927 Springfield Phantom
    1934 20/25 2-Door Coupe
    1934 20/25
    1936 Phantom III
    1948 WFC 19 Sedanca Deville
    1958 Silver Cloud
    1959 Silver Cloud
    1961 Silver Cloud
    1988 Silver Spirit
    2000 Silver Seraph
    2009 Phantom

Bentley

1953 R-Type
    1993 Brooklands
    1998 Brooklands R

Aston Martin

1966 DB6
    1996 DB7 Volante
    2005 DB9
    2005 DB9
    2007 DB9 Volante

12. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Cool, thanks for the update. Sad to see that neither of the Vanquish's have been signed up yet, although I'm not sure if the owners are really car enthusiasts or not. I've seen a few British exotics in Wilmington but haven't had an opportunity to notify any of the owners.

13. Grigio 308

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    #13 Grigio 308, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's a more detailed list of the completed field as a couple more have been added. Spread the word to friends/family and we'll look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Rolls-Royce

1927 Springfield Phantom I Brunn Tourer
    1934 20/25 Freestone & Webb Coupe
    1934 20/25 Thrupp & Maberly Sports Saloon
    1936 Phantom III Baker Sedanca de Ville
    1948 Silver Wraith H.J. Mulliner Sedanca de Ville
    1949 Silver Wraith Hooper
    1958 Silver Cloud I
    1959 Silver Cloud I
    1961 Silver Cloud II
    1988 Silver Spirit
    2000 Silver Seraph
    2009 Phantom

Bentley

1953 R-Type
    1961 S2
    1993 Brooklands
    1998 Brooklands R

Aston Martin

1966 DB6
    1996 DB7 Volante
    2005 DB9
    2005 DB9
    2007 DB9 Volante
    2007 Vantage
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Grigio 308

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    Oh, and we'll also have new examples on display from Bentley of Charlotte, Foreign Cars Italia, and Rolls-Royce Motorcars Raleigh!

15. nitsud

nitsud Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Great show today! Only made it for the last 30 minutes or so, but still saw plenty of great cars. Will post some pictures tomorrow.

16. nitsud

nitsud Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Dustin
  17. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Nice photos Dustin! I wish I could have made it but I was too busy :(

Kevin - If this is going to be a yearly event, do you think you will add other British makes such as Jaguar, Lotus, McLaren, and the like? I know there are more than a few Lotuses (Loti?) and Jaguars running around the Charlotte area that would definitely help the show grow!

18. Grigio 308

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    Nick, this event was limited to three marques due to space limitations. Jaguars alone could have overflowed the space we had for this gathering. I am presently working on some ideas to include many other British makes.

19. Grigio 308

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    Wow! What a great inaugural event this past Saturday! It was great to see old friends and to meet new ones as well. The weather held out nicely throughout and you could see we had a packed show field.

We must thank our host venue, Big Ben British Pub for their great hospitality (and some great food to boot!) Automotive International was the event sponsor. Many representatives drove cars for their clients and later could be found chatting with owners much of the day.

Acknowledging our helpers, Jeff Trepel worked with me for months prior planning the logistics and getting the word out to many of you. On show day, Mark Meacham helped get everyone checked in smoothly and John Abel as always was willing and able to help with set-up and break-down.

So that everyone could experience the latest in technology, Bentley of Charlotte, Foreign Cars Italia, and Rolls-Royce Motorcars of Raleigh each had two examples of current models on display.

And the winners of the day...

"Long Distance" Award
    Shared with Mike West (1997 Aston Martin DB7 Volante) and Tom Horton (1953 Bentley R-Type Standard Steel Saloon) as both made their way from Charleston, SC.

"Best Rolls-Royce" (Pre-War)
    Richard Coombs
    1934 20/25 Freestone & Webb Coupe

"Best Rolls-Royce" (Post-War)
    Jarod Brown
    1958 Silver Cloud 1

"Best Bentley"
    Jeff Trepel

"Best Aston Martin"
    Mark Mahoney
    1966 DB6

"Best in Show"
    Mark Mahoney
    1966 Aston Martin DB6

Once again, thanks to all of YOU who came out and made this inaugural gathering such a success! We now begin working on the event for 2015!!

- Kevin