Present state of C&C | FerrariChat

Present state of C&C

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Seahawk., Jun 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Seahawk.

Seahawk. Rookie

Jul 6, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Full Name:
    Adam
    So while it could never match the great turnouts of amazing cars at Brier Creek, Waverly was still pretty good, but now it's toast...Anybody know what the premier event is these days?

Looks like there is a C&C in Greensboro and is something that has been going on now in Raleigh at the movie theater. Also one in Burlington and Winston? That's a lot of C&C's in a small area.

Can anybody report what the scene is at any of these?

I think most of you Ferrari/Triangle Italian guys abandoned C&C back during the Brier Creek days for an unknown reason...But I know some people on here still like to go to these meets.

What's the scoop?

2. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    I know you asked for the Triangle area, but here is my opinion from a Charlotte perspective. As you know or may not know, our C&C in Charlotte got canceled several months ago for reckless driving by numerous individuals. It has now been restarted with a higher police presence. However, in my opinion it is getting too big. Not a problem in certain scenes, but some of the visitors are lacking respect for the cars. I have witnessed people leaning on cars, trying to open the doors, showing little care when passing between cars, etc.(I know they are not the owners). Another F-Chat member and I tried to park a little out of the general stream a couple of months back with some success, but now with the popularity, there are real no "out of the general stream" areas.

I enjoy the Cars & Capaccino meets in Charlotte, which is a more intimate meet with just European cars. Also, I would love to make it up to Winston Salem for their C&C. English Rebel has posted pics from those meets and they seem to be simple and respectful. Plus it gives me an hour drive up and back to enjoy my car, prior to meeting everyone.

Deiger

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

deiger, I wish we could get you to join us at our lake norman event. it is new and we are trying to get traction. the venue is far better than charlotte. we just need enthusiasts like you to help us grow. we have community and police endorsement as well.

second Saturday of each month.

4. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    I would gladly support an attempt to get an event going in the Lake Norman area! Unfortunately I will be out of town next Saturday (going to LeMans:)) but will put it on my mental calendar for the second Saturday of the month. Where do you guys meet up?

5. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    Ferrari Pete,

I will be unable to make this weekend, but will also put it on my calendar for next month. Thanks for the reminder on it.

Deiger

6. nitsud

nitsud Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    It is at Waterbean Coffee in Cornelius. Here is a link to their website. Their address is at the bottom of the page. WATERBEAN COFFEE 19420 Jetton Road Ste. 105, CORNELIUS, NC 28031

I have been able to visit a few times and it really is a great location to hold Cars and Coffee. Would love to see it grow!

7. DR No

DR No Rookie

Jan 11, 2013
    A few months ago a new C&C started the 3rd Saturday at Raleigh Grande. Turnout has been 'manageable' but it is only a matter of time... Cars and Coffee Raleigh Grande

8. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    From personal experience with Brier Creek and Waverly, the size has never really been the root issue. The pain points (be it Raleigh, Charlotte, other sites...) has been the behavior of some of the attendees. Fix that and chances are the longevity of the C&C locations will increase.

9. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I know it would be pretty hard to do, but some sort of entry form might help keep the troublemakers away. If we could get everyone participating to list their name, car, and license plate, we could keep known troublemakers away from the event. But it does draw a big turnout often times, so that might be inconvenient.

10. Seahawk.

Seahawk. Rookie

Jul 6, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I think the best thing is to do what Irvine has done and have police sitting at the exits to keep everyone under control. Also, finding a place to host the meet where the management doesn't have such thin skin that one engine rev or a couple trouble makers showing up is causing the meet to get the boot.

The Greensboro C&C looks good but I think I'm gonna give the Raleigh C&C a try this month since this is the first month it will be going without Waverly. I'll take some pictures.