New Owner-Charleston, SC | FerrariChat

New Owner-Charleston, SC

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by millsj, Jul 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. millsj

millsj Karting

Oct 17, 2011
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #1 millsj, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My wife and I just bought our first Ferrari, a Nero Metallico 328 GBT with tan leather. The previous owner was a fellow F-Chat member in Indiana. After a long tow back to Charleston, the car is happily tucked away in the garage. Needless to say, we are having a great time cruising around town. I just wish the temps would cool off since the AC isn't currently working.

We look forward to getting involved and meeting some of you guys. We have also joined the FCA, so we hope to be in that loop too.

Below are the obligatory pics.

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Congrats - I used to own an '87 328 GTS; White w/Black interior. It looks like you have an 86 or 87 as well, since you have the concave wheels.

They're fantastic cars to drive and very reliable.

Enjoy it.

3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Very nice joe! Bring it out to C&C.. Looks sweet! :)

4. Renman57

Renman57 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Reynolds
    Great looking 328. I just bought my first Ferrari 3 months ago and have been having a great time with it. Hope to see you at a FCA in near future!

5. millsj

millsj Karting

Oct 17, 2011
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It's an '86. We will try to make it out to C@C at some point with it. My wife and I are there every couple of months with the Porsche folks.

6. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    What a lovely car! It looks showroom new.

7. millsj

millsj Karting

Oct 17, 2011
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The car was a driver and has ~54,000 miles on it. There are a number of paint chips on the nose, so it is definitely not a garage queen. At least I can drive it and not worry about chips here and there. It did have a new interior installed in '07 and it still smells new.

The car is not perfect my any means, but looks like it has been well maintained. There is nothing that prevents me from driving the car. I have all the service records and have been reading through them to see what and when maintenance was preformed. I even have the original window sticker.

8. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Congrats!

9. ktr6

ktr6 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Wow love it, great car

10. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Congratulations guys. Glad it all came together.

11. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    You made a very smart move that many fail. You purchased a car that has been used! Congrats & enjoy. *Secret* remove cat and install test pipe costs $200, leave factory exhaust & it sounds very f1 like. I made the mistake of purchasing performance exhaust. Def louder, more throaty, but enjoyed the other sound before better.

12. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Beautiful. Welcome. Hope you can join us in your first FCA event in Asheville in August!
    Cheers!

13. djohnson63

djohnson63 Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Darren
    Congrats! The weather has been pretty bad but I still find plenty of time to take my 308 for a spin. Sorting a few things out right now so its been sitting but hopefully I can get it over to Karl this week and back on the streets. Anyway, nice looking 328! Enjoy!