charlotte Area Cars and Coffee -NC Music Factory August 2nd, 2014! | FerrariChat

charlotte Area Cars and Coffee -NC Music Factory August 2nd, 2014!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by MC36, Jul 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MC36

MC36 Karting

Apr 24, 2009
    Charlotte Area- Cars and Coffee at the NC Music Factory- Sat Aug 2nd!

Charlotte Area Cars and Coffee - Uptown Charlotte

Mattie's Diner / NC Music Factory Uptown Village-Main Lot
    1000 NC Music Factory Blvd, Charlotte NC 28206

Saturday August 2nd, 2014

7:30am until!

It is hard to believe that it is already August! Where has the summer gone? The 1st of the month is here again and time for our gathering of Cars and Coffee at the NC music factory! Last month it was refreshing to see such a large turnout and everyone seems to be on their best behavior! I want to take a second to thank both Foreign Cars International for their generous donation that paid for the Sheriff's Deputies (once again) that helped control the crowd and for Peter N. at Automotive International for his generous donation of the signage that reminds us all of the privilege that it is to be guest at the NC Music factory. Also thank you to the NC Music Factory and Mattie's for giving us another chance to show how great this event is and how mature this crowd can be. Without the support we would not have such a grand event. Just to restate the rules for those that may have missed it or those that just need a reminder.

Here are the rules:

-Absolutely no burnouts or horse play in the lot or the roads out front. It is irresponsible and safety is a huge concern for us. This is a one strike rule!. Violators will be asked not to return and the mater will be turned over to the CMPD/Sheriff's Dept.
    -The Uptown division of the Mecklenburg police department is well aware of our event and will patrol the area. Speeding and unlawful behavior will not be tolerated on the public road out front or on the NC Music Factory's property. 911 will be called if antics prevail and the CMPD will respond!

-No vendors will be allowed to set up tables, booths or tents. As before you can hand out fliers if you wish but no signage or structures allowed.
    -Trailers, box trucks and haulers will be asked to use lot #2 for parking, spaces are at a premium and these vehicles take up too much space and maneuvering them around is too high a risk for accidents.
    -We need to leave the facilities better than we find them on each visit. NC Music Factory is letting us use this facility free of charge so we need to respect it, there are trash cans throughout the property please do please do not litter.
    -Parking nearest to the Diner is reserved for regular restaurant patrons. We have the other 662 spaces!

Changes:

-there will be uniformed officers stationed at two points on the property, with one being in the turn lane of the frontage road. We hope this will deter any burnouts, rapid rates of speed and general idiotic moves leaving the parking lot.
    -We are asking the bystanders that stand in front of the dinner to disperse, if those leaving don't have an audience of on lookers and video cameras it will greatly decrease the incidents that are possible. There is plenty of room in the parking look to take pictures and see the cars up close.
    -Removing the on lookers at the entrance also will reduce the chances of anyone getting hurt by a vehicle that looses control.

Hope for great weather and see you NEXT Saturday!

Michael

2. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Is there any particular location the F-cars get together at this event?

3. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Might try to swing it if the weather holds out. Don't have anything exotic to bring, but I'll definitely try to find the Italians present!

4. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    The rain held off and there was a pretty good turnout.

Besides my 612, there were two other Ferraris:
    458 Coupe (Red / Tan) from FCI
    Mondial (Blue / Tan)

Many other interesting cars as well.

5. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    just a bit of mist, we were there from about 9-11, and a huge crowd of people early.

I put about 80 photos of a bit of everything on my Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nms-racing/

Highlights for me included:

Ferrari 458
    New Maserati Quattroporte
    Three Lotus Espirts
    Two older Nissan 300ZX (the low wide ones)
    A Willys Jeepster
    Lamborghini Gallardo
    One new Aston Martin V12
    A new Porsche Macan, their new smaller than the Cayenne SUV
    Chrysler Prowler
    FIAT spider
    Plymouth Superbird
    Porsche 914 (V6)

6. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

that looks like a new ghibli not the qp.

7. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    When were you there? I wasn't able to make it until about 9:40, but the only Italian I even saw (other than a couple of Fiat's) was that white Gallardo Super Trofeo Stradale that pops up from time to time. But I did see the 458 on Graham St so I guess that counts.

Nice pictures! That Maserati is definitely a Ghibli btw. Gave you a follow and liked some of your shots : )

8. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I arrived with the 612 around 7:40 to get good location (start time is 7:30).

By 9:30, many of the cars were leaving, from what I could see.

I stayed till about 9:45. That was enough for me. There was a really nice Porsche GT3 RS that took the place of the Mondial, which left around 9 AM. The GT3 left right after me and we played tag all the way down to Ballantyne. He emailed me afterwards, and also let me know he owns a Red Ferrari 458.

Must have just missed you.

9. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Dang, must have missed you by about two or three minutes. I wasn't able to make it down there as early as I would have liked, because I found out that an extended family member was going so I just rode with him. Oh well, I'll get there on time one of these months and hopefully get a chance to check out the 612!

I think I saw the GT3 RS leaving there a few months ago. It's dark blue with silver accents...I think?

10. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Yep - it was a blue GT3 RS alright.

11. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Thanks for pointing out my error on the Maserati, much more to learn for me.

And thanks for looking at the photos.